Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT supplies after Brexit  (Read 1616 times)

Dandelion

HRT supplies after Brexit
« on: June 26, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »

I didnt know quite where to put this topic.
I thought this the best place to put it.
It looks like Boris Johnson will get to be pm and if he does it could mean that many imported drugs will run out.
I am worrried, probably like many women how this would affect our hrt.
I am interested to hear others views, concerns, etc.
Thanks

jaycee

Re: HRT supplies after Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »

Why do you think imported drugs will run out, i doubt it, or the country will be in an uproar, surely these things will have to be agreed beforehand,

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »

Why do you think imported drugs will run out, i doubt it, or the country will be in an uproar, surely these things will have to be agreed beforehand,
Several sources, this is just one https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/19/vital-medicine-supplies-risk-no-deal-brexit-mps-warned-pharmaceutical-industry
It looks as if Boris Johnson is going to be PM so our imported hrt could be comromised, there's even mention of organised crime and counterfeit meds finding their way in, I'll let you read the link. It's worth a google as it's a concerrn for many women reliant on hrt.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »

It looks like Boris Johnson will get to be pm and if he does it could mean that many imported drugs will run out.
Thanks
Hi Dandelion   I mentioned non availability of drugs/cancer treatments in general more than once in the previous discussion about remain/leave (since deleted so don't waste time looking for it). I am genuinely concerned about it and don't know what will eventually happen.

Sparrow

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 03:42:56 PM »

It's a total mess. Tory MPs are living in fairyland.

Where are the grownups.  ::)

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 04:59:41 PM »

Hi,
I think many of the pharmaceutical companies will use Brexit as an excuse to put the prices up! and increase demand, by creating certain market conditions.
I have a source🕵️‍♀️! Who reliably informs me that the vast majority of medicines that are imported supposedly from Europe are actually made in places like India, then ‘repackaged' in some European country. So, we could import directly from India. Also a huge amount of stuff comes from America and Canada, oh and we make our own.
So I am not worried at all about the actualities, but very suspicious as to what might be conveniently blamed on Brexit.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 05:02:55 PM »

Thanks
Hi Dandelion   I mentioned non availability of drugs/cancer treatments in general more than once in the previous discussion about remain/leave (since deleted so don't waste time looking for it). I am genuinely concerned about it and don't know what will eventually happen.
It's worrying isn't it. Some conspiracy theorists claim the powers that be want to depopulate the planet, like the 'useless eaters' scenario of the eugenics era.
Many people with diabetes, and other life threatening illnesses could die literally.

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »

Hi,
I think many of the pharmaceutical companies will use Brexit as an excuse to put the prices up! and increase demand, by creating certain market conditions.
I have a source🕵️‍♀️! Who reliably informs me that the vast majority of medicines that are imported supposedly from Europe are actually made in places like India, then ‘repackaged' in some European country. So, we could import directly from India. Also a huge amount of stuff comes from America and Canada, oh and we make our own.
So I am not worried at all about the actualities, but very suspicious as to what might be conveniently blamed on Brexit.
I think big Pharma will put prices up.
Sorry i dont understand the symbols after the word 'source' you used, I assume they are for discretion.
Well I know that many hrt's are imported. Evorel is Janssen cilag, Scandinavian and utrogestan is from Bessins, french.
Thanks for responding, its a real worry for us all.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 09:07:49 PM »

Hi,
It is the Spy/detective emoji LOL.
I honestly don't think Brexit will cause problems, but I do think people with agendas (like politicians etc) will tell us there is life on Mars if they thought it would further their own views and keep their seats of course- and scare people into thinking that leaving (because being in makes them ‘rich') will cause Armageddon.
I also think that there maybe some deliberate shenanigans just to satisfy themselves that Armageddon really is ‘true'

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »

Why not ask a few Pharamacists for their opinions, or your local Hospital Pharmacy Dept.?

One of my ADs is from a different company this month but that often happens .....

Dandelion

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »

Why not ask a few Pharamacists for their opinions, or your local Hospital Pharmacy Dept.?

One of my ADs is from a different company this month but that often happens .....
Hi I did think to ring Boots my local pharm, but I have rung them quite often. I might ring another pharm not sure yet, but thanks for your post.