Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Change from Ellest Solo 2mg to Premarin 1.25mg  (Read 896 times)

Henrietta

Change from Ellest Solo 2mg to Premarin 1.25mg
« on: June 20, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »

Hi, I've been on Ellest Solo for about 6 years now following TAH BSO and never stopped suffering from stiffness and aches feeling like 100 instead of 51.  Just had full works  blood test results back and all ok so Dr put me on the subjugated oestrogens from  femal horses- better known as Premarin.

Wondered if anyone else had swapped over for similar reasons and if there was any benefit?

NinaH

Re: Change from Ellest Solo 2mg to Premarin 1.25mg
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:22:45 PM »

Hello yes I went from estradot patches to Premarin. It suits me better but does increase my boob size!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »

Hi there - you might be better off changing to a transdermal oestrogen like a patch or gel rather than changing to premarin ( made from horse urine  - conjugated oestrogens) which is one of the more old-fashioned HRT types. The other thing is your stiffness etc may be due to lack of testosterone as you have no ovaries. Oral HRT increases a compound in the body called SHBG which binds to testosterone making it unavailable for use by the body - so in this respect also you would be better off changing to transdermal oestrogen eg startng with 75 mcg patch and increasing to 100 or more - or using the gel, and then seeing if doc will prescribe you some testosterone off licence . If not ask for a referral to a menopause clinic where they might do so?

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 04:27:27 PM »

Many thanks ladies- not sure I need bigger boobs! I will give it a month or so and take this suggestion to GP if no improvement.

Tc

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »

Hi Henrietta. Just want to say I agree with hurdity regarding testosterone. I had BSO surgery last August and  been on it for a couple of months now. I have t  noticed much difference yet but I'm told it can take several months. It seems some ladies find it  helps  with stiffness and and pains though  it is particularly important after BSO as levels plummet sharply which they dont do in natural meno.

Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 06:00:12 PM »

Thanks Tc