Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: bleeding- panty liner or pad?  (Read 1237 times)

NRGEE

bleeding- panty liner or pad?
« on: July 12, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »

I am due to stop the grey progesterone tablets of my femoston prescription and shall be continuing straight on to the white oestrogen tablets. I know that I will get a bleed on stopping the progesterone. My normal periods would spot 3 days before being heavy for 2 days, then spot again for 2-3 days. will the bleed coming off the progesterone part of my HRT be spotting at first, then moderate/heavy? Its just I don't know if a panty liner will suffice initially or if it would be more sensible to use a pad on day 1 of the next blister pack
I am taking femoston 1/10 and would just like to know what to expect- although I appreciate everyone  is different.

NorthArm

Re: bleeding- panty liner or pad?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:17:28 AM »

Hi NRGEE

I'm sorry I can't help, as when I was on femoston my bleeds would come whenever they felt like it! Some ladies start their bleeds on the first day progestin free, others two to four days in, and some lucky ones don't bleed at all 🤷‍♀️. If you can, why not go prepared with a liner in situ, and have an assortment of those and your pads just in case?

Good luck xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:26:57 AM »

NRGEE - nobody can tell you what to expect.  Your bleeds may be light or they could be much heavier - a lot will depend on how much your womb lining has built up.  Have both panty liners and proper pads at hand. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:50:59 AM »

My periods waxed and waned.  Sometimes normal for me i.e. very heavy; other times it was a brown stain .......... even after I stopped periods I carried protection for 5 years  :D  ::).  There is a lot more choice these days, including protective knickers which are attractive.  Maybe send to the various companies for freebies ;-) ?

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »

I would wear a liner as a precaution and carry pads with me - one thing you can guarantee when going through meno is that 'usual' and 'normal' don't exist any more!  E.g. for decades, my bleeds always started with 12-24 hours of very light spotting.  Now I can get a very heavy flow with practically no warning!  So I tend to wear liners anytime I think a bleed is remotely possible, and always carry pads with me.

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »

My first bleed on the only cycle of HRT was really heavy (sorry) but that was fairly typical for me - day 1 revving up, day 2 and 3 full on, before petering out. I do normally get a pain as I'm about to start so I had warning. All I would suggest is cover yourself for all eventualities, perhaps not white trousers that week (yikes)

NRGEE

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »

Thank you all so much for your replies. I shall wear a sanitary towel on the day I finish the progesterone- just to be on the safe side.
Being ignorant about HRT- I thought the bleed would just be slight- a bit heavier than spotting but certainly not heavy! My usual periods are heavy for day 3-4 but since they have become v irregular I am on my 1st month of HRT. I have already put several sanitary products in my hand bag......so hopefully won't be "caught short". Many thanks again for your advice. I shall wear dark trousers too!! This site has been invaluable to me :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 05:57:37 PM »

We are a Mine of Info  ;)

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 03:53:02 PM »

Hi, me on Femeston too.
I usually start about 4 days into new pack ie 4 days off progesterone.
Can't say what you will need to use, but mine is like a ‘normal' period. Slow to start with a few warning gripes, then picks up speed day 2-3.
It will be utterly trial n error, but you can't go wrong wearing a good old sani- covers all eventualities LOL