Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utterly fed up  (Read 2902 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utterly fed up
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 09:43:48 PM »

I would never consider altering the drugs which keep my moods stable.  At my annual review the GP asks how I would feel if he suggested I lessen my various meds., he is fortunately box ticking and not really serious.  All those years of feeling well ........ I would fight for me meds  ;)

vintagefiend

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 05:25:25 PM »

have u seen your gp yet SGTVHILTS?
Hope things have improved.
i'm trying hrt again- just oestrogel at mo- quite up and down.
interesting that prog might actually be helpful to you- whatever works :)

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 09:30:13 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for asking.
Seeing GP on Tuesday.
Feeling a bit better though. I have not that post bleed mood crash this month......  the cynic in me thinks it will be along soon.
Although I am feeling quite ‘pumped', not anxious, I would say ‘energised' and my thoughts are quite clear- not a pile of spaghetti 🤯.
Maybe I am finally stabilising on what i've Been taking, the sweats are also not as disruptive at the moment....
Dare I dream.......

vintagefiend

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2019, 11:06:42 AM »

Oh that's great news SGTVHILT long may it continue :)
yes, i got to point where i knew the antideps weren't working and i also knew that- despite the fact that i do have a chequered history of depression- this was hormonal and i'd need a shed-load of anti deps to treat it!
so i've stuck with oestradiol for all of 6 days (a record for me) and def less depressed than i was- hurrah!-so, contrary to what i thought initially- i think things are looking up.
it's brilliant that you're finding a sort of equilibrium in perimeno, by the time you're menopausal it might be plain sailing (fingers crossed)!!

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 11:37:06 AM »

Hi update.
Saw GP today - she is great and ‘complied' with my regime- well sort of, we agreed to use the 75 mcg patch. Result.
I was going to reduce a little anyway as I am as high as a kite - not complaining. She wasn't concerned to much about that, as I am well grounded, but very energised. She has known me for 25 yrs- so probably has good insight into my nuttiness.
Cautious optimism... no night sweats for a week.....

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 03:41:06 PM »

Hello again Sgtvhilts

As part of my meno journey and HRT use I have experienced ‘ highs ' where I've felt more energetic, calmer and optimistic. During these times I have always thought 'at last, this horrible time has finally ended and this is the real me‘.  Unfortunately the crash would follow and  I'd experience the total opposite and believe I'd never feel well again. I think other ladies on this site have suffered the same.  I  never had anything like this before the meno and I'm convinced these episodes are menopausal mood swings.

If you are prone to erratic moods then surely any hormonal upheaval would  make things more extreme. 

As vintagefriend says it's great that you are finding equilibrium and long may it continue. Stable and rational moods is definitely the goal for all of us.

Take care.

K.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 08:20:01 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
Yep, me and my mental health have had  a 30 yr relationship. It has always been up and down and certainly hormones influence it. I have no doubt I will crash and burn again at some point- why change a habit of a lifetime eh, but at the mo 👌
Pages: 1 [2]