Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vagifem not the miracle I hoped  (Read 739 times)

Sarai

Vagifem not the miracle I hoped
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »

I've used vagifem a few months now, it seemed a miracle in the first 2 weeks for nighttime wee visits. But that wore off once on twice a week.
GP agreed I could add in an extra in the week but it's no good. She said I could do fortnight booster every few months which I have yet done.
I so disappointed. I've tried all things to sleep through with no wees to no avail. Really getting me down.
I use melatonin (low dose) magnesium glycinate, taurine, even a little gin and lemonade (very little). Bear in mind I've not slept through for over 23 years.
I'm also on half patch Evorel Conti, anymore and I get spotting.

Tinkerbell

Re: Vagifem not the miracle I hoped
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:06:58 PM »

I need to use Vagifem every day and my GP is happy to describe 5x a week to everyone who uses it as that is equivalent to the old dose.
I would up your dose and see how you get on.

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Tinkerbell, it's difficult as it took me a long time to persuade her to let me do 3 per week. Then said I could only boost once every 3 months. I don't think they will let me have more 😢

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 06:32:19 PM »

Birdy as I said to Tinkerbell my GP debated a long time before I could get her to agree 3 per week. No chance of every day sadly.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 08:40:34 PM »

Can you try a different GP? I had to have a review recently and made sure i got an appointment with GP who is happy to prescribe more.
Why won't they prescrbe more?