Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oral Thrush  (Read 1699 times)

Bunker84

• First Flush
Oral Thrush
« on: June 23, 2019, 06:43:22 PM »

Since starting HRT patches 5 years ago I've had numerous attacks of oral Thrush and just wondered if anyone has any suggestions to prevent this unpleasant experience as don't want to constantly take medication for it.

Foxylady

Re: Oral Thrush
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

Might be worth trying probiotics, are you or have you been on antibiotics? I'm on long term antibiotics for a skin condition and take Optibac probiotics to try and keep my gut balanced/healthy. You could also have a look at your diet generally see if there is anything you could add that might help, make you less susceptible to thrush.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 07:00:55 PM »

I would suggest LIVE Greek yoghurt.  Eaten as it cleanses the digestive tract from top to bottom.  Literally.

Thrush thrives on sugars.  It inhabits the bowel.  Think about what your diet overall. 

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 07:52:31 PM »

Hello Bunker84 and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the thrush but I suggest that you look carefully at probiotics. I understand that the important feature is the number of bacteria and the liklehood that they'll reach the gut alive. Yoghurts can be a bit feeble in these departments so maybe do some research or learn how to make your own.

Take care.

K.