Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello thank u for letting me join, I'll be joining the full blown club next week  (Read 1389 times)

Sheila Chalmers

• First Flush

Hello all

Thank you for letting me join this extremely informative forum.  It is good to read your experiences and words of wisdom for some of us just entering this stage of our lives.

A little about me.  I have suffered horrendously for most of my life with disgusting bleeding and horrendous pain and was eventually diagnosed with Stage 4 Endo and a few cysts.  I had the endo burned off 2015ish but that didnt stop the pain or the bleeding.  Was booked for hysterectomy May 2017 but on opening up the surgeon discovered that my uterus and bowl were badly fused together therefore only one stuck endo ovary was removed as the chances of having to have a colostomy bag were high.  The Novasure procedure was carried out a couple of week later to stop the bleeding.  This has lead to even worse pressure and pain as some of the left cells behind the scar tissue cannot escape and my uterus is cramping even harder to try and get rid.  So in a bid to get rid of this, hopefully once and for all, to stop the cycle, the other ovary is coming out next week, hopefully ending the cycle altogether.  I am 48 and will probably take HRT for a couple of years but so hoping this will be the end of my constant pain and issues for about three weeks of every month.   

Any words of wisdom from others in a similar situation?

I am quite scared of how full medical menopause is going to make me feel so may be dipping in and out of this forum for all your help and advice.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

Sheila x 

Katejo

Hello all

Thank you for letting me join this extremely informative forum.  It is good to read your experiences and words of wisdom for some of us just entering this stage of our lives.

A little about me.  I have suffered horrendously for most of my life with disgusting bleeding and horrendous pain and was eventually diagnosed with Stage 4 Endo and a few cysts.  I had the endo burned off 2015ish but that didnt stop the pain or the bleeding.  Was booked for hysterectomy May 2017 but on opening up the surgeon discovered that my uterus and bowl were badly fused together therefore only one stuck endo ovary was removed as the chances of having to have a colostomy bag were high.  The Novasure procedure was carried out a couple of week later to stop the bleeding.  This has lead to even worse pressure and pain as some of the left cells behind the scar tissue cannot escape and my uterus is cramping even harder to try and get rid.  So in a bid to get rid of this, hopefully once and for all, to stop the cycle, the other ovary is coming out next week, hopefully ending the cycle altogether.  I am 48 and will probably take HRT for a couple of years but so hoping this will be the end of my constant pain and issues for about three weeks of every month.   

Any words of wisdom from others in a similar situation?

I am quite scared of how full medical menopause is going to make me feel so may be dipping in and out of this forum for all your help and advice.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read.

Sheila x
Hello Sheila   I can't advise you on any of these aspects but welcome to the forum.

jillydoll

• Hiya

Hi Sheila....just wanted to say..... :welcomemm:

I'm sure someone will be on with some help soon.....

Jd xx

Tc

Hi sheilA welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear you've been through the mill.

I am in surgical meno since BSO surgery (ovaries and tubes) last August. I dont have endo so hopefully someone will be along who does to offer advice about  taking eastrogen with endo .
It sounds as though you have been suffering a lot with the bleeding and pain so hopefully the surgery will help.

Please feel free to post anything you want. There is a lot of support and advice on here so you wont have to feel like you're going through this alone. 

Good luck for next week. Are you having keyhole or open surgery?  Remember to take it realy easy afterwards and be kind to yourself.

Good to have you on board xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Make sure someone is home to lift, even the kettle ;-).

Check with the surgeon how much ovary is likely to be left. Sometimes a small piece remains which can continue to niggle.  Do talk about any HRT options prior to surgery as some Consultants have little or no idea how symptoms can take over.

Why not full hysterectomy?  Hopefully someone will be along otherwise search for it in the search box on here.  Make notes ;-)

Tc

I was given blood tests at follow up  after my OP to check if as CLKD says, there was no ovarian activity.left. Mine was fine and I'm sure yours will be too.

Sheila Chalmers

• First Flush

Thank you all for your kind replies, i'll be taking it easy, husband can earn his keep for a change.   ;D ;D

Make sure someone is home to lift, even the kettle ;-).

Check with the surgeon how much ovary is likely to be left. Sometimes a small piece remains which can continue to niggle.  Do talk about any HRT options prior to surgery as some Consultants have little or no idea how symptoms can take over.

Why not full hysterectomy?  Hopefully someone will be along otherwise search for it in the search box on here.  Make notes ;-)

I was booked for hysterectomy two years ago but unfortunately when they opened me up my bowel and uterus were very badly fused together and the chances of colostomy bag were extremely high, so at the moment trying all other options before taking me down this route.