Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1377 times)

Persephone

• First Flush
Hello
« on: June 20, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »

Hi there

I am really struggling right now and I feel terrible even posting on here. I am 51, and don't take any HRT or anything and I feel completely rotten, anxious, low self confidence and generally hopeless. I lost my my
Mum 5 years ago and just wish I could talk to her about all this as she must have gone through it with barely a mention. I feel so tired, it's like my legs are made of lead, aching joints, breathless and and generally like an old washed up hag to be honest. I'm so sorry for introducing myself in such a negative way, it's just I don't know where else to go to. Thanks for listening.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »

You moan away, it really does help!

:welcomemm:  HORMONES  >:(  ::) Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  Decide which symptom you would like to ease first? 

Have you had a general health check recently?  Blood tests to check iron, VitD levels, thyroid function etc., we shouldn't blame meno on everything. 

HRT can ease symptoms.  It is after all 'replacement' of what your body was making.  How were your periods?  When was your last one?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »

Hello Persephone.    :welcomemm:

We all know how you feel, it's thoroughly rotten isn't it, have you considered hrt?
I had to do something, I was cracking up, rapidly. And although it's been hard, and a long road, I'm much much better now I'm on hrt.
It's not a miracle cure, but sure as hell makes you feel better, if you get the right one.
Maybe you need to book in with your GP,?
Sorry, you feel so bad, you can ask anything you like, have a moan, or even a laugh ( when you feel better) on the ‘this n that' thread...

Jd xx

Persephone

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I think maybe I should make a Drs appt. I had all the thyroid, iron blood tests done a year ago and they were all normal. I just don't know where to start with understanding HRT as I've read up on things and still feel none the wiser.

My periods have been pretty regular, although sometime  heavy, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. My latest one which started yesterday is the strangest yet, not really a period.

I thought I could “walk” the menopause.... seems I can't. I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place....

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »

You are fine where you are.   Have a chat with your GP and see what is suggested.  You don't have to begin HRT immediately, maybe come here with the ideas, put the products into the search box and make notes.

Mine waxed and waned.  Months without.  Weeks with.  Then it wouldn't be a real bleed .......... it's The Change, does what it says on the tin  ::)

Let us know how you get on?

Rosie77

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 08:04:56 PM »

Hi persephone! Sorry you're having a rough time.  Don't you feel terrible for posting, we're all in this hell hole together!  If it's any consolation I will be 42 next month and have felt like death since age 40.  menopause seems to not care what age it comes for us all.  I started HRT in March, still not sure if it's doing anything, but it certainly isn't making me any worse ;). Sorry about the loss of your mum.  Mine is 78 and anytime I ask her anything, she changes the subject.   :-X