Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hormone hell?  (Read 5543 times)

Sunny99

Hormone hell?
« on: June 19, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »

Hi all

I'm so feeling that my hormones are playing havoc but just can't find out for sure. Some days feel great, but most not. Symptoms include cloudy head, sudden feeling of spacey, slight nausea, off balance. Get weird pressure feeling around cheekbones, eyes get sore and heavy. Can feel dizzy and get real anxious feeling in tum. Have felt palpitations at times too 😩 Also struggle with sleep. A couple of times a month i'll Go to bed, feel wired and know that I won't sleep until 2am. Most nights have trouble staying asleep though!

So...is this the world of Perimenopause or not? Sick of the ups and downs!

Help!

Sunny

Jillm

Re: Hormone hell?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »

Hi Sunny99 and welcome👍
I have all of your symptoms and more, only difference I am post memo, last period 2 1/2 years ago and my worst symptoms didn't surface until about 18 months ago.
I am still struggling with anxiety, aching muscles/joints, return of sore head, not pounding long lasting headaches, but short burst of stabbing pain in temples, top of head and in eyes.
Mentioned these to GP couple of months ago, he didn't seem all that concerned. These had subsided, but back in the last couple of weeks, along with increase in flushes and this week night sweats. Oh joy.
I am back on the anxiety train but trying to keep it under control.
I have increased my exercise greatly which has helped.
I hope this helps make you feel a bit better, knowing you are not alone.
I am so glad I joined this forum as it has helped me no end, just knowing I can post my concerns and get amazing help from everyone here.

Rosie77

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »

Hi Sunny,  Horrible isn't it?!  I am a dizzy all day off balanced everyday paired with drop dead fatigue.  I too get the pressure in my head starts at the back of my neck and shoots forward all over my temples and sinus area...usually before a migraine attack.  The weather has been cloudy and rainy, so my brain feels like it's going to pop out of my skull.   :'(. I have been on HRT since March, still hoping for a miracle. Last couple days I can barely stand up with the exhaustion. Somedays I wish I could be put into a coma and wake me when it's over :'(
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:27:52 AM by Rosie77 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 01:29:50 PM »

I was off balance suddenly yesterday.  Been OK, had a cuppa and a bun mid-morning, 20 mins. later I felt really weird.  This was different to the sensation that makes me go 'oh' and it's gone, usually when I go to put my foot down and it lands out of place or when I put my foot down and my thighs to weak ......

I also get the 'numbness' in the cheek bones, thought I was the only 1  :D

HORMONES  >:( .........  ::)

:foryou:

Sunny99

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 08:21:54 PM »

Thanks all, good to know others are feeling the same. As soon as I start to think I feel ok on any given day...something then kicks in 😩 Do any of you get a really dry mouth too and chills? Anyone suggest any vitamins that help? Thx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 08:30:36 PM »

Dry mouth is quite common - there are sweeties to suck ;-)

Chills ........ could be problems with the thyroid or 'normal'. Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart issues?

Sunny99

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 08:42:30 PM »

Yes, feel I have kept so many notes but can't Pinpoint much aside from feeling hot at night and pre ovulation and period. Have had blood test for thyroid (several times) never shows anything. So frustrating as just want to take something to feel better and had 18 months now of not feeling right ☹️

Rosie77

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 08:48:23 PM »

Hi Sunny,  I used to have terrible dry mouth when I was on nortripyline... I always had hard candies in my bag.  Also, eating an apple helped...whatever keeps you salivating :D. Me too with being healthy on paper, yet feeling like death.  I am still convinced there's more wrong with me..I guess I just cannot accept how one day I was fine, then the next not :'(. 2 years this July for me :-\

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »

Sunny,
Whilst most women are aware of hot flushes as a peri/meno symptom. Cold flashes ... wooshes, as I call them, or chills are a symptom too. I got my first 36 hours after my right ovary was removed. They suck. Not knowing what they were to begin with really freaked me out.
Chewing gum and tic tacs help me with a dry mouth.
Magnesium for the aching joints.
Moisturising eye drops for the eyes.
Reduce caffeine as low as you can go. Replace with Camomile tea for the anxiety.
Or get yourself some HRT.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:36:37 PM by pants46 »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 04:40:59 PM »

I'm like you JillM.
Post meno and still get symptoms even though I'm on hrt!
Ok, not as bad as when I wasnt on hrt, but they still niggle away in the background.
Some days are worse than others, and the  days I get nothing, I think there's something wrong! 🤷‍♀️ It's crazy!
Still glad I'm on hrt though, think I'd have gone completely mad without it! 🤪

Jillm

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 04:49:58 PM »

Hi Jillydoll,
Thanks for your reply,just picked up on your post today. You mention you still have symptoms, can you give me some idea of what's going on.
I still have buzzing legs which to be honest drives me nuts, but I have got used to it.. Flushes have returned, but that's not what's bothering me most just now, it's the strange stabbing pains in head and eyes, pressure in face and head. This is really scary and makes me think there is something wrong in my head.
Health anxiety goes through the roof.
Just had the worst head pressure, pain in head and eyes.
The weather here in Edinburgh today has been really heavy with thunder storm just passed, pain now lifting, so today could be heavy air pressure, but doesn't explain other instances. Is this similar to anything you feel.
Any advice you can give is much appreciated.
Thanks for listening

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 05:29:07 PM »

Drink more fluids and I don't mean alcohol
Sit in the shade
Exercise in the cooler part of the day

I get sudden sensations in my head, too fast to report - probably due to the meds I take.  Known as brain zaps  ::)
I also get sudden stabbing pains in my eyes - momentarily and across my forehead and back of the ears.

Jari

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »

Hi Sunny, are you on any
medication?

How much excercise do you do?

Do you have a healthy and balanced diet?

Are you drinking lots of water?

How old are you and when was your last period?

Are you taking any supplements?

Just trying to get an idea of where you're at.. x

Sparkler

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 06:28:42 AM »

Is it possible your head pains are sinus related? Are they worse when you lean forward and bend over?

Just a thought - the rest sounds pretty standard, but sore cheeks and head pains reminds me of previous Sinus infections

S
X

Jillm

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »

Hi Sparkler, thanks for your reply. I do have permanent post nasal drip and clogged left ear. Also have has sinus pain in last few weeks, I did think the stabbing pain could be sinus related but would that account for stabbing pain in eyes and temples, top and back of head?
Of course I am now panicking with thoughts of brain tumors/stroke etc, anxiety, anxiety, anxiety.
Don't know whether to go back to GP, I think they are fed up with me. Did ask about HRT last visit, not offered as my flushes are not causing a problem. Seems to be just tough and suck it up if you do have any other symptoms.
 :'(

« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 12:03:58 PM by Jillm »
Pages: [1] 2