Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Haemhorrhoid banding  (Read 4942 times)

Jeepers

Haemhorrhoid banding
« on: June 19, 2019, 05:24:32 PM »

Hi ,
has anyone had this procedure done?

I had a colonoscopy a little while ago, and thankfully nothing sinister, just 3 internal piles, which my comsultant said would benefit from banding (I had been referred due to looser bowels and a little bleeding)

I had the banding done a week ago, and although the discomfort and bleeding has settled down, I have had vrey loos bowels (bordering on diarrhoea), and terrible gas I'm not normally a gassy person).  Now, I did have chicken strips from a catering van, so it cold be a touch of food poisoning, as I also have   a tender spot in my abdomen, slightly to the right.

I'm just worrying as usual, and don't know whats to be expected.  The tender stomach makes me worry about SC, because of course HA hijacks your thoughts and tortures you with them.

Anyway, if anyone else has had this procedure, please could you share your experience?

Many thanks (and sorry for tmi)

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Haemhorrhoid banding
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 05:27:23 PM »

OUCH!!!  nowt is TMI on here  :D  ;)

Why not ring the Dept where you had the surgery and ask?  There's a lot of nerve endings in that area so no wonder you have 'gas'.  It could be that air was pumped into the bowel to allow the bands to be fitted.

A brisk walk will shift the wind ;-)

Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:29:58 PM »

Hi Jeepers, You have my sympathy..never had the banding but I had an external thrombosed haemhorroid which they gave me local for before incising it, I think my fingers had to be prised off the bed rail I held it so tightly!! Sorry can't help, hope you feel better soon.

Jeepers

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 05:30:28 PM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks for replying.  The procedure was a week ago, so I don't think the gas is from the actual procedure

Jeepers

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 05:31:29 PM »

thanks FoxyLady

It wasn't pleasant. and the first 48 hours had me wishing I'd left them alone. 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »

How's your diet been since?  If there is a 'gap' in the digestive tract that can trigger wind.  [which is something I have these last few days without apparent reason  :-\ ....... but I missed a meal last week and didn't eat much on Monday so that is enough to start wind 4 me!]

Jeepers

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »

Hi

Well, my diet has been pretty good as usual, lots of fibre , veggies and fruit which is normal for me.  But, as I said, I went to an outdoor event on Monday and foolishly bought chicken strips and chips from a catering van.

My appetite has been a bit rubbish too (Although no weight loss)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »

Any improvement this evening?  I find a warm bath helps with wind ;-)

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 07:58:13 PM »

peppermint tea or capsules, might be worth a try??

Jeepers

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »

Yes, the gas seems to have settled a bit, but I still have a sorr tender abdomen, slight above and to my right of my naval.

Maybe it will be better tomorrow

Thanks ladies

Jeepers xx
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:37:17 AM by Jeepers »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 08:51:50 PM »

I think that area is part of the colon ?  I have been able to press my belly and watched the wind migrating  :o best done in the bath  ;)

Jeepers

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »

Hi CLKD

Thanks again for replying.  Wind has settled down a bit, maybe I just need to give my system time to settle again.

I think this has all triggered my HA again, I feel a sense of dread and been feeling jangly and scared all day.  GP didn't help either  :'(

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2019, 10:47:14 PM »

It doesn't take much to get the old brain muttering to itself, does it  >:(  ::)

Maybe a gentle walk - I noticed a person not sitting far from me this evening, who whilst out walking ...........  :-X as he wandered past our vehicle he was being followed, "it's what a walk is for" . Apparently  ;)

Tc

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2019, 11:22:52 PM »

Hi jeeps. I've only just seen this. Just wanted to send love. You were so supportive to me over my colonoscopy.
I have noticed that in recent times any procedure I have seems to take me a while to get over not so much physically but mentally. I think the build up to it and the anxiety over having it even if it doeant feel obvious at the time can upset your system for a while afterwards.
I get wind sometimes from digestion issues but sometimes I get it from gulping too much air when I'm  anxious. I find windeze good.
Have you got a check up post procedure?. It sounds like the piles symptoms have eased so that's good. Maybe just a couple more days  to recover treat the wind so you're not in pain and hopefully you will turn that corner
Much love TC ❤

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2019, 04:05:03 PM »

How R U today?  Any easier?
Pages: [1] 2 3