Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Womens physio for bladder issues  (Read 6807 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Womens physio for bladder issues
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »

Hi ladies......as my GP won't refer to a womens physio i have made a private appointment...... even have to wait 2 weeks for that 🙄 .....however GP wants me to do a pee diary 😳......ie measuring input and output over one day.....also being referred  for a bladder scan....my last urine culture came back as negative so that is good but I still have symptoms 😔......Doctor has now prescribed estring as apposed to Vagifem.....haven't filled it yet though ......really don't know what to do for the best xx

Tc

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2019, 09:57:14 PM »

Mrs B. You've had a lot of information at once. So try to break it down. You have your appointment. And i know it's still a wait but it's in place. And gp has referred for scan so you are further ahead than you were.
As far as the estring I'm sure other ladies will be able to share their experience of it. Why dont you fill the scrip.so you've got it if you decide to use it. And in the meantime maybe a separate post about it might garner more replies.
Sending love to you Mrs B xxxx

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 06:55:41 AM »

Morning Tc and thank you..... will try to take your advice 😘.....just want to feel normal but I guess that's what we all want 🙄 feel so like a hypochondriac and i have mega health anxiety at the moment.....xx

JaneinPen

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 07:28:15 AM »

Thanks Tc and Taz2 for your informative replies. I have quite a long wait so will only do the 4 day intake and output a few days before June 12th

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »

Taz. I wonder why I didnt get the urine intake test? Did you do it before your first appt or after?
Xx

Sorry I missed this. Yes it was just before my first appointment. I got instructions with the appointment letter.

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 01:43:18 PM »

Hiya ladies. Thought I'd give an update
I had my appointment today.
She did an exam. She said I havent got a prolapse. The pelvic floor muscles are average, not realy bad but shes given me the exercises to do.squeeze for 5 and release. She said to make sure you give plenty of time to release and relax muscles properly between each one. And do it 40 times a day spread out over the day.
She said to me "you need to take an oral tablet for your thrush".  I had no idea I had it. I'd had no symptoms at all. I'm wondering if the vagifem has caused it.
Not much else was done today realy but I'm relieved theres no prolapse. . Next time I'm going to ask why I havent been given the output test. I forgot today!!
She is a bit older than me and she said "menopause is shit isnt it?"  Refteshing to hear a medical proffessional say that.
Next appointment in a month.
Xxx

JaneinPen

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:25 AM »

Thanks for the update Tc. Good that you don't have a prolapse. Hopefully I will find my appointment in June straightforward because I have already had a cystoscopy and the scans with a full and empty bladder which were okay so hopefully have completed some of the steps that they might want to check

Dierdre

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »

Great news not having a prolapse, one less thing to deal with and good advice re the exercises for prevention. I must keep up with mine, tend to forget once it's all ok.

Tc

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 05:36:46 PM »

An update ladies. I have been a couple more times to womens physio. And went again today. Since my last post the gynae diagnosed grade one bladder and uterrne prolapse. .  It cant have just appeared since May when I was told there  was no prolapse.so mustve been there then but she said it's more easily felt later in the day.

I asked about all the devices out there to help with pelvic floor and she was a bit dismissive of then. The only thing she recommends is that once .muscles are strong enough using weights might help. But you've got ti get them strong first to be able to hold it in. Mine were a "3" two months ago and now she said they're heading to a 4 (pelvic muscle strength 0-5) so the old excersises must be working. Thought that might encourage those of you who arent doing them to start!!!

. I had done an input output chart. But we ran out of time as I got so caught up in the prolapse thing. From a cursory look  she thinks I may have intersial cystitis I think it's called that. Havent looked it up yet. l. She said it looks as though im not emptying properly. But we will discuss more next month when shes had a good look at my chart.

IMy gynae has asked my gp to refer me to a uro gynae

So that's my update  thought it might interest those who looked at my original post.

Xxxx

Pages: 1 2 [3]