Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 656 times)

shrosphirelass

Headaches
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »

Really struggling at the moment. Being woken up with pounding headaches that don't respond to anything Ive tried.

Anyone got any success stories with HRT and if so which type? Also, any other effective medications or anything people find that helps.

Many thanks x

jaypo

Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:56:33 AM »

If my headache gets really REALLY bad I find alka seltzer helps the one in the dark blue box though not the lighter blue but I'm sure you've tried almost everything,poor you

Ju Ju

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:08:15 AM »

I went through a period of constant headaches, particularly waking up with them. I eventually went to the doctor, who did the obvious checks, including asking if I had had a recent eye test, which I had. He told me to take ibuprofen every 4 hours and in between paracetamol to stamp on it, but to no avail. In desperation I went for another eye test, only to find my eyesight had deteriorated suddenly and I needed new glasses! Expensive solution, but actually a huge relief. So do have your eyes checked. Sometimes even a small change can result in headaches. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, as dehydration can trigger headaches. And if you are on medication, read the blurb for side effects. Sometimes, some medications include headaches as a side effect.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 12:29:51 PM »

I went through a period of constant headaches, particularly waking up with them. I eventually went to the doctor, who did the obvious checks, including asking if I had had a recent eye test, which I had. He told me to take ibuprofen every 4 hours and in between paracetamol to stamp on it, but to no avail. In desperation I went for another eye test, only to find my eyesight had deteriorated suddenly and I needed new glasses! Expensive solution, but actually a huge relief. So do have your eyes checked. Sometimes even a small change can result in headaches. Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water, as dehydration can trigger headaches. And if you are on medication, read the blurb for side effects. Sometimes, some medications include headaches as a side effect.

I haven't been for a eye test for 5 years! Funnily enough I got a voucher through the post yesterday reminding me. I only have reading glasses. I'll make an appointment, anything is worth a shot, thanks. I also get visual disturnaces (discussed on another thread) but I don't think they are related to the awful headaches. I'm on evorel sequi (mainly for headaches) and they did improve until the last couple of months. Also, over the counter steroid nasal spray and one a day hayfever tablets as I'm worse in the summer and my headaches always feel like bad sinuses, though there's not anything wrong with them!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 02:36:39 PM »

Sinus headaches are the pits. 

Are you dehydrated?