Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 1201 times)

Kassery

Help please
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:17:26 PM »

Sorry im a emotional wreck at the moment  :'(
Having bladder pressure issues now been on vagifem 2 weeks nothing obviously happened yet but still pressure dull ache panicing there's something wrong with me.. Done urine test come back clear from hospital
Also my husband after 25 years this year is leaving me says not in love anymore with me... Does the stress make it worse I need advise please??? Xxxx

Katejo

Re: Help please
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »

Sorry im a emotional wreck at the moment  :'(
Having bladder pressure issues now been on vagifem 2 weeks nothing obviously happened yet but still pressure dull ache panicing there's something wrong with me.. Done urine test come back clear from hospital
Also my husband after 25 years this year is leaving me says not in love anymore with me... Does the stress make it worse I need advise please??? Xxxx
Hi kassery   Really sorry to hear about your husband leaving you after so long. Stress is likely to be  a factor. It often triggers UTI symptoms in me. It is also possible for the test to have been inaccurate.

Kassery

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:57:07 PM »

What does that mean if inaccurate?

Otter15

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 02:18:55 PM »

Hi kassery

Sorry to hear about what's happening to you at the moment.

I took Vagifem daily for a month at the start before I noticed any effect. I also get a dull ache that can actually wake me up at night when I have a flare up. I know it's that because it goes away again when things settle down.

Hope you start to notice a difference soon.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 03:05:46 PM »

What does that mean if inaccurate?
Have a look at this article   https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/apr/28/uti-test-used-by-gps-gives-wrong-results-in-at-least-a-fifth-of-cases-study-claims
The urogynaecologist who saw me last year told me about this problem but I had already heard of it.

Kassery

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 03:45:04 PM »

Thanks peeps... I've had 3 clear results now so..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 03:59:50 PM »

Do use more 'vagifem', if necessary 2 doses several times a week.  It is a small amount and initially was prescribed at 25? and now 10? ......... I find if I take a pain relief tablet those 'need 2 pee' symptoms ease.  Some ladies need 'vagifem' every night.

Sorry that your husband is leaving.  Make sure that you get professional advice which will ease some stress.  Don't be conned by hear-say, get it straight from a Solicitor ;-).

roseandthorn

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 04:59:30 PM »

It definitely was a gradual improvement with me and using vagifem. But I'm so glad I persevered. (Am also on systemic HRT though). If I do get a rare flare up, ( stress definitely a trigger) in addition to repeating the loading dose for a couple of weeks, strangely I found putting my feet up with a hot water bottle on my tummy was comforting. In all the two years I was investigated I never had one positive urine test and cystoscopies only showed mild inflammation. I'm so sorry about your husband leaving you 💐💐

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 09:04:46 PM »

Oh yes, stress will definitely be contributing to your symptoms. Avoid caffeine, fruit juices and alcohol but drink plenty of water to help prevent infection taking hold. You're having a tough time - so do be kind to yourself - lean on friends if you can.  DG x