News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 923 times)

Rachp

Hello
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:53:57 PM »

Hello
Just discovered this forum and hope you can help/offer words of wisdom!
I was on esdtradiol gel for 14 months til January then changed to Evo conterel patches as my Mirena  coil went out of date in November so needed the progesterone. Had my Mirena coil removed mid April and felt fine but then started bleeding a week ago, with stomach cramps like a period.  Any ideas as I felt everything was settled.  Have sent a message to my GP so will see if they come up with any answers.  Am hoping the bleeding will only last the week but don't really understand why it's happening as the mirena was out of date.
Fingers crossed for some words of wisdom - I'm 50 and went through the menopause 18 months ago according to a blood test and I was having hot flushes and no sleep and the HRT/ mirena really helped.

Cazikins

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 09:10:19 PM »

Hi Rachp  : :welcomemm:
It can be expected to get a bleed when changing HRT. It could last a few months before things settle down again but see what your GP says.
Were you not offered another mirena coil to be fitted? I had several over about 12 years & along with estrogen pills I found it a fantastic regime.
Maybe consider having another mirena fitted if it has helped in the past.

Cazikins x

Rachp

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:24:18 PM »

Hello
Thank you for your reply, it's nice to be able to tell someone and get a response rather than going round in my head in more circles than usual!
That was my third mirena and I always have problems getting them put in then taken out....this last one had me in hospital with a general to find it, my cervix slopes backwards or something plus I've had two emergency c-sections as never managed to dilate sufficiently, end result don't really want the grim putting in and taking out although the Mirena was very good. Somewhat perplexed and fed up with what's going on as actually not that keen on being on hrt in principle but as it's been so good who knows!?!
Rx

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:34:20 PM »

I had 3 coils fitted under G.A. because I had never had a pregnancy & doctors felt it better to do under (& so did I). They tried twice to do it without a G.A. & both times were aborted as too  much pain.

Would you consider going back on HRT ? take a look at the HRT preparations under the TREATMENTS section at the top of this page to help you decide.It's just an idea.
Cazi x

Rachp

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »

Hi Cazi
Thanks for your reply - mirena is great but as you say not much fun trying to fit or remove, making me cross my legs thinking about it!
I'll go and have a look at the Treatments section - I am still on the Evorel conti patches but don't understand why this bleeding has appeared when I've been fine since mid April.
I've been looking around this site and it's nice to know I'm not alone and very interesting to hear what experiences others have/are having, I was wondering whether to stop the Evorel patches and see what happens as I'm now Mirena free, try the natural way!?! - sense makes me think that the hot flushes and sleepless nights would come back tho, I could just do without bleeding/ stomach cramps and worrying about it all 😬