Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Took a break from using Vagifem... now what?!?  (Read 12052 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Took a break from using Vagifem... now what?!?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 12:07:02 PM »

Use LIVE yoghurt to ease the itching.  Soothing if nothing else  ;)

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »

Katejo yes, two a day! I thought it was a bit much but apparently ok. I also have one very very itchy patch on one outer labia. One gynae queried lichen sclerosus but then another said they didn't think so. Now awaiting a referral for more investigation. The vagifem and ovestin def reduces the itching.
The internal Vagifem helps with the labia itching? Mine is also outer labia.  I am using Estriol at the .moment which does help a bit. I will try inserting 2 (high and low) to see if it makes a difference.

Katejo

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »

CLKD, it isn't at all practical to walk around with live yoghurt on your fanny.

Katejo, just get checked for LS in case you haven't. My mum has LS, and was misdiagnosed for ages and it got much worse and she's had to have surgery.
Don't want to alarm you but LS is notoriously overlooked. I'm sure you know this! 🙂

I have just managed to get a GP appointment later this month (although the receptionist tried to fob me off with a phone call again). Problem is that I don't have much faith in GP's correctly recognising such things! I do have another meno clinic appt. in early July and a follow up uro-gynaecology one in September. I have just looked back at the previous letter from the uro-gynaecologist and it only mentioned the VA.
I really dislike phone call appointments with doctors. Partly the timing because it is so easy to miss the call if you are busy at work but also because you are not face to face with the doctor. Last time I didn't even recognise her voice so wasn't sure who had rung me.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »

One doesn't walk around though Birdy - one has a warm bath, a gentle pat dry, lays on a warm towel and applies  ;).  I'ts never been messy for me ......... cool, soothing - what's not to like: or I apply KY Jelly liberally to moisten those dry areas. 

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 05:43:54 PM »

Our Surgery and my Gynae use KY Jelly  ;)

Kassery

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »

What are your symptoms apart from bladder pressure? Xx
Pages: 1 [2]