Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: DHEA and pregenolone  (Read 1787 times)

AlphabettiSpaghetti

DHEA and pregenolone
« on: June 08, 2019, 11:36:18 AM »

Does anyone know anything about the use of DHEA and / or pregenolone to treat menopausal symptoms?

Jari

Re: DHEA and pregenolone
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Hi AS, like the name! ;)

DHEA and pregnenolone are bio identical hormones, along with human growth hormone, oestradiol etc. DHEA is a steroid hormone.
They are chemically similar in structure to the hormones your body produces naturally.
They are made in a lab, the same way that conventional hrt would be made.
To add back those hormones would require you to know which hormone you need and in what dose or combination...

Hope that helps a bit. X

Alicess

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 06:34:23 PM »

DHEA can convert to either testosterone or estrogen and has high affinity for DHT. DHT is a five times more potent androgen then testosterone and can have side effects like hairloss, acne etc if you are genetically sensitive to DHT. Don't want to scare you but just as Jari suggested it's best to do a blood test to make sure you need DHEA. And start with a very low dose ( 5 mg or less).

AlphabettiSpaghetti

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 11:58:20 AM »

Thank you. I think I would like to try them / get the blood tests to see if they would be suitable. Do you know if you can get them on the NHS? Or do you have to spend ££ and go private?

Alicess

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 06:16:48 PM »

Hi, I do not know if you can get them through NHS as I don't live in the UK. Maybe, if your blood test shows low values, your GP can prescribe them?
If not, you can buy them at Iherb in the US. If you order below a certain amount you don't have to pay tax.

But please be careful, these supplements can be very powerful....Sorry, I'm preaching....