Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Diflucan has major interaction with estradiol!  (Read 1565 times)

Belladonna

Diflucan has major interaction with estradiol!
« on: June 07, 2019, 04:26:30 PM »

I'm on a month long course of diflucan and haven't been feeling well at all since starting it. Been so bloated and swollen all over, especially lower body. It is not listed as a known side effect of fluconazole, but when I checked for drug interactions I found that diflucan can cause more than a 50% increase in estradiol blood levels as it affects the breakdown of estradiol. I'm already on a pretty high HRT dose because I'm young (my estradiol was over 700 when last tested) so 50% more of that is a lot! And it sure explains why I mysteriously gained 3 kilos in as many days and why my legs feel like they're going to pop open when I bend down.

Has anyone else been on diflucan for weeks or months and how did you feel?  Did you adjust your HRT dosage?

I have decreased my HRT dosage with about 30% now and am hoping that will help. I really wish doctors would check for interactions before prescribing.

Taz2

Re: Diflucan has major interaction with estradiol!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »

It's so difficult to know what's causing you to feel so horrible but when I was prescribed Diflucan I had those same symptoms but I was not on HRT so I wonder if it could be just the Diflucan? Have you had it before?

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Diflucan has major interaction with estradiol!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »

Speak to your local pharazmist today, they have private rooms!  Then let us know.