Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Difference between Angelique and Kliovance  (Read 2424 times)

kenny

Difference between Angelique and Kliovance
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:03:33 PM »

Hi , as Angelique has now been withdrawn I have now been prescribed Kliovance, didn't get to have a chat with GP so I'm just looking for anybody's thoughts on the 2 . Unfortunately I tried 3 different tablets before hitting on Angelique  so I'm gutted it's no longer available. It's 15 years since my period and I have tried coming off HRT lots of times but the symptoms return within days. I could not bear the thought of bleeding. Help

Dotty

Re: Difference between Angelique and Kliovance
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »

Hi the difference is in the progesterone. Kliovance contains norethisterone x

Marie62

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »

There's really no other HRT tablets with the same progesterone as Angeliq unfortunately. I was prescribed Kliovance and within 3 months I was severely depressed and anxious,could have been my own hormones but I was the same on Elleste conti and the progesterone in Kliovance and Elleste is norethisterone so im convinced that was what caused it also lost a lot of hair while taking them.
I was doing great on Angeliq for the last 2 years but now I'm having to change. I've got 3 month worth of Angeliq left then changing to Femeston hope I'm ok on it.
Everybody reacts differently to hrt and you might be fine on Kliovance but I personally wouldn't take anything with norethisterone in it ever again.

kenny

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »

Hi , I'm dreading the change, I have been taking Angelique for so long now without any problems. I'll just have to try it and hope for the best, I've tried lots of times to stop HRT but I get the most dreadful headaches. Thank you.

Deedles63

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »

Hi All
Totally new to MM.  Hoping someone can help. 
Im 55, been on Kliovance now for just one month but feeling no benefits whatsoever.
Im bleeding, low, irritable, tearful and feeling generally fed up in every way. My relationship is under pressure and Ive just jacked my job in because I just could not cope anymore.
Its the 3rd HRT given to me in the last 18 months since having my Mirena coil removed and having had no periods for 10 years.
and have felt the same on everything given so far.
Up until 3 months ago I took Fluoxetine which did help to level my mood. 
1.  Should I stick with Kliovance for 3 months?
2.  Should I start my ADs again with it?
3.  Forget the HRT altogether?
 :'(

Perinowpost

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 09:46:44 AM »

Deedles63

Re the anti depressants if you've only been off them for 3 months it will take a while for the receptors I your brain to readjust - well done for getting off them btw I know it's not easy.

As others have so rightly pointed out as the progesterone in kilovance is noresthisterone it may be that's the culprit (I know I couldn't tolerate it). Why not switch your hrt and try one with a different progesterone. I think it's certainly worth trying x

Deedles63

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »

Thankyou for your response.  I will look into that. 
As I said this is my 3rd type of HRT.  Ive had Elleste Duo & an Oestrogen only (despite still having a womb)I must admit after writing that post earlier & having a good cry I ended up popping a Fluoxetine out of sheer desperation.

kenny

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »

Just a quick update, I was in a big panic over a month ago due to my HRT of 14 years being withdrawn, I have taken Kilovance for  a full month now and feel great, exactly the same as I did on Angelique , I am so happy.

Perinowpost

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »

Good news, so pleased for you x

kenny

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »

Thought it would just give hope to lots of ladies who are having to change HRT, it may not be as bad as you think.