Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Feeling anxious re change in HRT.  (Read 819 times)

Foxylady

Feeling anxious re change in HRT.
« on: June 06, 2019, 02:42:47 PM »

I apologise if it has already been covered in another thread (I did try search). I had GP review yesterday 3 months on Fluoxetine & HRT (Everol sequi patches), I'm 41yr & peri (3yrs of symptoms). Although feeling generally better, sleep remains an issue and is very inconsistent (4 hrs max/rarely) aswell as flushes, memory/concentration etc. Anyway advised to change to Everol 75mcg patch and oral Provera 5mg daily. What have been others experiences on this combination? I had no side effects on previous HRT so feeling a bit anxious about the change but also hopeful that it will improve my symptoms. Had thyroid bloods checked today as suggested by one of the ladies on the forum and GP happy to organise DEXA scan (strong family hx osteoporosis).

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: Feeling anxious re change in HRT.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 09:16:58 PM »

Foxylady, hey  :)
Will you be taking the Provera every day, continuously ?
The change to Evorel 75mg is just an increase dosage, compared to the Evorel Sequi patches which are 50mg.
I think Provera is a different type of progesterone... but I'm no expert.
I'm going to follow you on this one to see how you get on (I'm not a stalker though  :D) xx

Foxylady

Re: Feeling anxious re change in HRT.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 02:54:45 AM »

Hi Pants46, Yes daily Provera I've been prescribed, will let you know how I get on. I'm not usually on forum at this time but got up to toilet & itch then discomfort/pain to (L) ankle/calf & now trying to convince myself not to go to A&E re DVT...thought I'd search here (have already looked elsewhere including NHS website). No other symptoms! My sleep atrocious at best of times, unlikely I'll get back to sleep now this is in my mind.