Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help re Femoston 1/10  (Read 753 times)

Loobs72

• First Flush
Help re Femoston 1/10
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:41:24 AM »

Hi.  I have been having irregular periods for the last couple of years.  I am 47.  The GP told me 6 months ago after blood tests that I was peri menopausal.  For the last month I have really been suffering with major hot flushes and feeling so low. Went to the gp who put me on antidepressants.  After a month I went back saying I want to try HRT as from all what I have read thought this may help me.  I have been put on Femoston 1/10 which I started yesterday.  My query is that on reading the leaflet it says I will have monthly bleeds.  Does anyone know at what day in the tablet packet this will happen?  Also if these tablets are causing a monthly bleed how will I know when I have gone through the menopause, for example, if I wasn't on the I would know that I hadn't had a period for over a year?

Thanks

Elmsey

Re: Help re Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 07:32:43 AM »

Hi there.

You should get a bleed a couple of days after finishing the second lot of tablets.  If you are taking HRT they normally go on age and will switch you to continuous HRT after 50.

Peri symptoms can go on for years so they want to make sure you are proper post menopausal before you have the continuous regime or you will get break through bleeding.

Elmsey

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 07:49:43 AM »

Hi ,

here is a link to some info. https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/hrtandperiods.php.  Give it 3 months to settle, don't panic if your bleeding is erratic to start with as it can take  while to get used to it. Explore the tabs at the top of this site as they have useful info.

Peppermintyx

alibeau

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 10:18:37 AM »

Hi,

I am taking Femoston 1/10.

Some months I bleed a couple of days before the end of the grey tablets, other months a couple of days into the new pack of white tablets. So for me I guess there is a window of about a week where my bleed could start.....

Ali x

Loobs72

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »

Hi there.

You should get a bleed a couple of days after finishing the second lot of tablets.  If you are taking HRT they normally go on age and will switch you to continuous HRT after 50.

Peri symptoms can go on for years so they want to make sure you are proper post menopausal before you have the continuous regime or you will get break through bleeding.

Elmsey

How will I know if I am proper post menopausal if the tablets are causing monthly bleeds?