Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogeston query  (Read 930 times)

CherryC

Utrogeston query
« on: June 04, 2019, 07:51:35 AM »

Good morning, is anyone able to offer some advice/experience please?  I am on 100 Estradot patch 2 x weekly and continuous 100mg Utrogeston. 
Having tried Utrogeston orally last year and found it quite sedating, I have now tried vaginally (continuously) for around a month and so far I am pleased with the lack of side effects.  To start with I wasn't inserting it all that far, but having read on the forum it is best to try and get it in as far as possible, I have done this for the last 4 nights.  The strange thing is this has caused me to get up in the night 4 or 5 times for a wee (not usual for me). I have been using the applicator that comes with the Ovestin cream to insert it which is about 5 1/2" long.  Does anyone know why the sudden need for several night time wee trips may be happening and could I now be inserting too far? Does it really have to go very far in? Thank you in advance x

Cassie

Re: Utrogeston query
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 08:44:32 AM »

No it doesnt have to at all, I use my finger and just shove it in and I usually have a wee before I go to bed and hold it in till next morning.

CherryC

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 06:38:27 AM »

Thanks Cassie - I reverted back to inserting it not too far last night and the problem resolved.  As long as it will do its job ok that way, then that's great news and I will continue like that...

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 08:07:02 AM »

Hi there - I will just disagree here.... I think it is important to insert it as high as possible because you are aiming for it to be transported through the cervix into the uterus where it will act directly on the lining. I imagine that the lower it is placed the less will get to where it is needed.  It may well be that you are absorbing more doing it this way - hence the need to wee (progesterone seems to have this effect). However as long as you are gtting enough for your particular circumstances and dose of oestrogen - that's what matters. While on the prog part of my cycle I always need to get up to pee sometimes twice ( whereas most nights now I sleep through). I use my finger too - like Cassie! Vaginal Utrogestan used for fertility does come with an applicator for insertion correctly - not sure how long it is though - there are some on here who get given these applicators with their Utro and may be able to answer.

Hurdity x

CherryC

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »

Ah that's interesting, thanks Hurdity - maybe I will have to experiment some more and I will try just with fingers....x

CherryC

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »

How would I know if the 100mg utrogestan vaginally isn't doing it's job? Would I have a bleed or do we only know if the lining has thickened by having a scan? I recently had a scan and all was well but wonder with starting this new regime when would be good to have another scan to check it's doing its' job? Amy suggestions please?