Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Vaginal atrophy video, with Dr Renee & me.  (Read 1574 times)

Maryjane

Vaginal atrophy video, with Dr Renee & me.
« on: June 02, 2019, 08:32:16 PM »

Dr Renee is a NHS & Private London based GP. She offered to do a video with me from a patients perspective, progress is definitely being made regards vaginal atrophy.

We managed to cover a lot.😊 so a cup of tea maybe needed it's 45 minutes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oi4wVewMjQ&feature=youtu.be

Otter15

Re: Vaginal atrophy video, with Dr Renee & me.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 09:20:27 AM »

Hi Maryjane

Watched your video this morning. Thank you for making it.

What a lovely lady Dr Renee is, so open to the patient's point of view. Hope other doctors watch it!!

What she said was reassuring - I was one of those told that using ovestin longer than three months could give me cancer of the breast or uterus - but she seemed pretty clear about that not being the case.

You mentioned your own daughters and grandchild. Have you ever been invited into schools, women's groups etc to raise awareness? If a woman has hot flushes or night sweats, she has a good idea it's hormonal because it's common knowledge. Getting the message out there about atrophy - making that common knowledge - would save women suffering needlessly. They'd also go to their doctor with some idea of what was happening to them and would then expect to be taken seriously. Forewarned and all that!

Jemp

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 05:23:49 PM »

This is a really important point. At 60 thinking the menopause was over I was hit by VA. I consider myself pretty well informed health wise but I knew nothing about it! I certainly intend to tell my daughters about it.

Foxylady

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »

Really interesting & worth watching even if you don't have any of these issues yet. So important to be informed.

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »

Hello Maryjane.

I watched your video this morning and was very impressed. Congratulations!

I subscribe to Dr Renee's YouTube channel and value her opinion but even she had to admit that her knowledge of VA was limited until she joined your Facebook group!

Wishing you well.

K.