Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and oestradol gel  (Read 1274 times)

Rufus657

Utrogestan and oestradol gel
« on: May 21, 2019, 04:38:36 PM »

Hi
I've been started on this after problems with other HRT ie elleste and femseven
Since I've started I feel dumbed down in mood and I feel like I'm putting on weight already. I've had some really awful abdominal pains and soreness around bladder and lower abdomen.
My libido feels no different ( this was one of the reasons I was started in it ) and I'm not sure this is for me.
Is there any evidence of bloating or weight gain and if so does it all settle down ( how long ? )
I'm just about to throw in the towel
I'm 61 and feeling disillusioned  all round. I've been on this for 14 days.

friend of lhasa apso

Re: Utrogestan and oestradol gel
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:25:15 PM »

Hi there , I've just started on evorel 25mg patch and utrogestan and I'm hoping this will suit me as couldn't tolerate the other progesterone in sequi patches.
           It's really frustrating isn't it having to mess around with different types of hrt to get the right "fit"for you .
              All I can suggest is giving it a bit longer to get in to your system then if no better after 3 months review with gp ;maybe you need higher dose of oestrogel ? Also others on here seem to take a form of testosterone too for energy and libido ,although I haven't yet .Not sure how to get this on nhs though.
            Good luck and hope this helps . :)

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:31:08 PM »

Also I also get very bloated :-\ I look 6 months pregnant at times , but I also got before hrt .Hopefully when your body's adjusted to the hormones it'll settle down.
   At the moment my insides are growling like a lion .I think Renee deflatine can help .Just stick a pin in me and I'll pop like a balloon  :P

Elmsey

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 06:21:12 AM »

I got bloating too.  switched to taking the Utrogestan vaginally and that sorted out the low mood and the bloating.  Also taking Magnesium and Dandelion to get rid or water retention.

My issue is spotting now  :-\

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »

Hi for rufus657

I was put on Estrogel after trying elleste solo and it not suiting me I am only 40 as was surgically induced in menopause after removal of ovaries at 35 (biggest mistake) ever if only I knew then what I know now. But I was extremely bloated on it weight gain of 8lbs and up a dress size sore boobs which took 4 ish months to settle hair loss too I am only on 2 pumps but mood very up and down I have 2 good days followed by couple days of aniexty followed by then few days depression I am considering coming off it as I coped 4 yrs being on nothing and only started hrt due to dampness down below which I also take Ovestin for but I'm worried that hair loss will be worse , but I never had hair loss before messing with hrt you mention you were on elleste patch was that duet or solo ? When you stopped it did you loose hair as I was on elleste solo 1 mg and trying to work out if it was the patch that caused my hair loss or stopping it or the Vagifem I used to use as was on the patch for 7 weeks then stopped cole turkey a week later started Vagifem and then about 6 weeks later lost half my hair volume and is still shedding now rapidly which makes me wonder if it's hrt estrogen that causes it as I'm now in Estrogel how has your hair kid been if any on Estrogel? Thanks sam

Rufus657

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »

Hi all. Thanks for replies and support.

I was on elleste tablets then femseven patches I felt great on the patches but they kept coming off and I was bleeding.

Now my tummy feels solid , it's full of wind and I'm bloated and my boobs feel sore today. I feel rubbish. I'm going on holiday next week and do not need to feel / look like this. All my clothing is so tight already

Sammiejane , No I've jot had hair loss. 

My doctor has said stick it out but I think I'm going to stop and come back to it again after hols.

Rufus657

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 06:35:26 AM »

Hi Birdy
Yes I understand it's no time.  I'm using 1 pump.
My tummy pain and bloating is so bad and  I can't do anything up. Nausea , feeling low too.
I'm on holiday next week. This is not good.

Sammiejane

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 05:06:10 PM »

Rufus657 - hi there , it does settle the sore boobs lasted 4.5 months for me and the abdominal pain i would say of from progesterone - utrogesten 100mg because my meno said i could try it as feel so rubbish on estrogen alone and although helped to calm my mood and sleep better i got abdominal pain so stopped it after 4 days. in 6 months i have gained 10lb and diet not changed before hrt i actually lost weight in meno as im 5 yrs post meno and again didnt have hair thinning till i started HRT.

ive been on it 6 months and am still not there yet and like you i cant go above 2 pumps as my boobs immediately get sore and my anixety goes through the roof.

i wish i was 50 as i wouldnt of bothered HRT.

but as im 40 i guess im tryin to perserve but gain clothes dont fit get bloating effected my bowel movements too.