Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Livial / Tibolone Experiences ? ? ?  (Read 5442 times)

Tracey E

Livial / Tibolone Experiences ? ? ?
« on: June 01, 2019, 10:23:02 PM »

Hi, I'm now contemplating going down the Livial route, mainly because I've tried a fair few HRT treatments and all seem to have chronic side effects (for me). :( So I was wondering how folk are getting on with this treatment? I have VA, hot flushes, low libido with the chance of Osteoprosis developing in the future. I'm running out of options so this may be the last chance saloon for me and HRT. :-\ :'(

Anjia

Re: Livial / Tibolone Experiences ? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 10:06:35 AM »

I tried this Tracy and to be honest I felt much calmer on it but then I had the most awful muscle aches with it and flushes were bad to so I came off it but give it a try it could work for you ?

Tracey E

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:49:29 AM »

I tried this Tracy and to be honest I felt much calmer on it but then I had the most awful muscle aches with it and flushes were bad to so I came off it but give it a try it could work for you ?

Hi Anjia, were you on it for very long?

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »

I think I lasted about 8 weeks but then the muscle aches got to much as soon as I stopped they went away.

Paula1966

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 04:40:04 PM »

I was on Livial a few years ago and had no real problems I also had the mirena at the same time

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »

I was on livial for 18 months and it also gave me muscle and joint ache and tired. Good for libido and stopping flushes.  Came off it as I got post meno bleeding from it causing womb lining thickening.  It stopped when I came off it.

Tracey E

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 06:00:51 PM »

Muscle aches all over? Still don't know whether this is worth punt.. :(

suzysunday

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »

It's worth a try for a while. Everyone reacts differently. Paula here was on it for a few years no problems. 

Jacqueline Susan

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 07:35:16 AM »

Hi Tracey,
I have been on Tibolone for nearly a year and it has been amazing for me. No more anxiety/low mood, my memory has improved and my libido. I have tried several different HRT preparations but this is by far the best, the only negative is that I think it may be responsible for me putting on a bit of weight.
I hope it works as well for you.

Tracey E

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 09:32:36 AM »

Thank you Jacqueline, I hope so too. :)

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »

It's definitely worth a try, as it can work wonders, which I was hoping for but personally it didn't work for me.

Tracey E

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 08:55:34 PM »

It's definitely worth a try, as it can work wonders, which I was hoping for but personally it didn't work for me.

Could I be bold enough to ask why not?

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 01:49:02 PM »

Yes of course. I'm in surgical menopause, so I was taking it for low libido, energy, aches & pains etc. before being prescribed Testosterone. My GP was disappointed it hadn't worked & once my blood results - to check testosterone levels - were back they were virtually non-existent. As Tibolone is broken down by the body to make the hormones there is not enough to help with what testosterone does in the body - if that all makes sense! So I have now just started Testosterone and hoping that in a few months it will make a difference - I'm under no illusions that it may not work, so fingers crossed.

Tracey E

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »

Yes of course. I'm in surgical menopause, so I was taking it for low libido, energy, aches & pains etc. before being prescribed Testosterone. My GP was disappointed it hadn't worked & once my blood results - to check testosterone levels - were back they were virtually non-existent. As Tibolone is broken down by the body to make the hormones there is not enough to help with what testosterone does in the body - if that all makes sense! So I have now just started Testosterone and hoping that in a few months it will make a difference - I'm under no illusions that it may not work, so fingers crossed.

Argh I see, thank you for the insight and good luck with the testosterone! X

Tracey E

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 07:59:46 AM »

Well here goes, I'm going to start on Livial today! Utrogestan just aint my bag and I can't get a Mirena coil fitted until October. :( Can I ask what is the best time of the day to take it? Having read about the potential drowsiness etc.

I'll keep a weekly update..
Pages: [1] 2 3