Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT and breast cancer  (Read 981 times)

pepperminty

HRT and breast cancer
« on: May 30, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »

Countrygirl

Re: HRT and breast cancer
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 05:22:00 PM »

Pepperminty thank you for posting, as I only caught the tail end of it this morning and found it really interesting x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »

:thankyou:

Unless ladies are encouraged to use HRT regardless 1 won't really know whether the risk of cancer returning is true or not.  Otherwise, why not advise bilateral breast removal  :-\ because many ladies will suffer symptoms at menopause that require easing.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

Avrum Blummins Oestrogen Matters book, has many papers that have never seen the light of day in the same way as negatives do.

His wife & daughter have both had breast cancer & both are on HRT, he is a highly renowned breast oncologist from the US.

U.K. professor Micheal Baum also says HRT after BC is not a worry, he did 2 very good podcasts with Liz Earle about it a few weeks ago.

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 06:15:10 PM »

Hi Ladies,

personally I saw how my mother suffered coming off HRT after breast cancer.  I would want  quality of life any day.

PMX

racjen

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »

The only silver lining in my breast cancer diagnosis was that it was triple negative, meaning no hormonal involvement. Which means that getting HRT hasn't been an issue. But even if it had been I'd have pushed for it as a quality of life issue - surely better to be able to truly enjoy the life you have now than suffer because it might possibly limit your lifespan but you don't really know...?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »

My take exactly but many Consultants refuse HRT after positive surgery.  What then  :-\