Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New and a bit lost  (Read 4101 times)

JaneinPen

Re: New and a bit lost
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 02:45:51 PM »

Hi Moonshine54.  :welcomemm:

Moonshine54

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 05:04:23 PM »

Thank you for your advice memo and I will make a fuss. I will report back on how I got on tomorrow.  Thank you again.
Mooney
😘😘

Tc

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »

Moonshine and Ally.  my sister is 52 and has just had hers replaced. I think some docs think if you are on it past a certain age you shouldnt replace it  so you can find out if you are post meno. I dont understand this as  it was recommended as an option for Me to have it fitted for the first time in my life at 54  and I'm surgically post meno.
As my American friends say "go figure".
It's a good job we can share experiences on here . Best wishes to you both.

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 11:17:14 AM »

Hi Moonshine

I am now on my 3rd Mirena coil ( I am coming up to 53) the latest one was fitted earlier this year as they were checking the womb lining etc...(all was fine) but this 3rd one I had in was only 2 years old but whilst they were down there they said did I want a newer one to go for another 5 years...so I said why not!!)  I have been told that I can have another one when that runs out if I need it!

I was plunged into menopause around Oct 16 when the mirena coil had gone over the 5 years.  My lady doctor at the time kept saying the mirena coil will see you through the menopause it will be fine oh no it wasnt when it went out of date.... then followed the nightmare year of 2017 on every anti depressant known to man.....thank god they know so much more now about the menopause and hormonal depression even only 2 years later.

So I am so well after being suicidaly depressed for 7/8 months in 2017 and hardly even able to leave the house....quitting my job eventually...a nightmare.  I currently have the mirena coil and am on 3 pumps of oestrogel (started on 2 had to go to 4 to get well and then in the last 2 months was able to go to 3)  2 pumps in the morning and 1 in the evening.  I do not wait 10 minutes ever for the gel to dry I dont have that sort of time.  I rub it into the backs of my arms and across the shoulder not vigourously and a few minutes later done.  2 in the morning and 1 in the evening.

I know we are all different and what works for one dosent for others, thats just what is making me well since Feb 2018.  I have a new job I love...gardening...have no money....that's okay too cos I am still here.

Good Luck finding the right combination....it takes time...but I can tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel.  I was in the tunnel and I got out!!
xx

Tc

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 11:44:39 AM »

Sorry to butt n but ...
Bring me sunshine. I would just like to say what a lovely post. I am where you were a couple of years ago. After ovary removal 8 months ago my life has ground to a halt. After spending yet another morning crying and thinking my life is over I came on here and read your post. It means a lot to hear of someone who has come out the other side of this. So thank you and all the luck in the world with all you do.xx

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »

Tc

Thank you so much.  I try and spread the word as much as I can. I needed this forum so much when I was so poorly with it all and now life is back on track you are so caught up with living again you forget to go online and I realise people are still struggling.   I have ran a few menopause cafes (4 since April 2018) https://www.menopausecafe.net/ and met some lovely ladies who were where you and I was and when we meet up again and they are eventually feeling better its so great to hear.  I truly did not think I would get better it was terrifying and I cried every day enough to fill the River Thames or my nearby canal.  The doctors were at a loss even sending me to a physchiatrist who was just as baffled putting me on the strongest anti depressant 300mg of venaflaxine...nothing touched it!!  I had had depression in the past due to trauma of losing my mother at a young age but that was melanchonia depression not hormonal.  Getting the oestrogen to the right level was key.  I was initially put on premarin which was a joke......then elleste which was good but gave me migraines.....the best combination for me has been the mirena coil for the progestin and the oestrogel for the oestrogen.  The gel is so easy.  I was wary of patches just because I do a bit of running and boxing and didnt want to sweat them off.  I literally have not cried since last Feb 2018 and I never thought that would be possible.Just keep going and dont settle ever for feeling unwell, shout and scream for help if you have to.   The menopause ladies at the menopause clinic I eventually was referred to at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford helped give me my life back!

Keep going you deserve to be happy and be able to deal with whatever life throws at you and you will get there xxxxx

juliemargaret

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 08:22:37 PM »

Also new and a  bit lost and posted messages galore !!! So.glad we have this forum...learnt so nuch in a few short days and feel more relaxed.knowing im.not alone ..stsrted estrogel 2 pumps and utrogesten 100mg vag on alternate days (at the recomm of meno doc).im.48 nearly....and reckon been in thenperi meno for many yrs...just last few yrs symptoms been bothersome...sore coccyx bone...awful.fatigue...overwhelment no motivation.etc..and more. I take good care of nyself..eat a good diet..exercise...and into holistic.therapies etc but decided.im.fed up of feeking drained.
.and fed up of trying. So i bit the bullet. Got the hrt i wanted. 7 days in on the gel and 4 on utro. Uesterday had a bleed..same.today..felt a bit poo and real.tired but decided to just take it as it is and see what happens.......x
Pages: 1 [2]