Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: My mum needs answers  (Read 1599 times)

papwortl1

My mum needs answers
« on: May 27, 2019, 07:51:09 PM »

Hi,

I'm posting on behalf of my mum whom I promised I would help by asking some advice online. Essentially the NHS is messing her around: each month they continue to change her medication and this is causing her so much stress. She even found medication which worked for her recently but after two months she was told the funding had gone and she now had to start over again. The new medication hasn't been as successful. And this has occurred several times.

I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced this poorly constructed treatment by your local NHS doctors where you're being put on different medication one month to the next? If so do you have any advice on how to deal with it?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My mum needs answers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:55:07 PM »

This Forum is about menopause treatments  :-\

Your Mum could ask for an appt. to the appropriate consultant in order to discuss needs.  GPs don't swap medications in general unless patients ask, or complain that the regime hasn't worked.  Usually though it takes most medications 6-8 weeks B4 kicking in.

She could also discuss with a Pharmacist in your local Chemist, they have private rooms for such purposes.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »

Hi papwortl1. How caring of you to try to help your mum.

It would be useful if you could let us know what problems your mum's medication is for and what she is currently on. If you would like your posts to be only readable by forum members rather than the open internet you could post under the Private Lives section.

I'm sure you will find support on here.

Taz x   :welcomemm:

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 10:00:44 PM »

Hi papwortl1. Taz2 is right - to be able to help (if we can) we do could with a little more information.
But, in the meantime, it's really lovely that you are helping your Mum.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 07:42:44 AM »

Morning.  Maybe put your Mum's queries into the search box - white on a blue back ground - and see what pops up?  We have threads on everything here so nowt is too much info.! 

Make notes!  It can be a mine field. 

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 01:14:08 PM »

Maybe the changes are due to products not being available?  Several ladies here have found difficulties in sourcing their regular meds and have been put onto other types ......... thinking aloud here  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:22 PM »

How did you get on talking to your Mum?