Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Severe Burning Hands  (Read 2743 times)

Angel1964

Severe Burning Hands
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:07:27 AM »

Hi Ladies latest thing since a few weeks is burning sensations especially wrist and hands. I get pins and needles and tingling but this burning is driving me insane. Anyone???

Dotty

Re: Severe Burning Hands
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 09:19:15 AM »

Hi yes, I used to get the especially at night.  It seems its another symptom of low oestrogen. x

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »

Hi yes, I used to get the especially at night.  It seems its another symptom of low oestrogen. x

Thanks Dotty mine is on and off all day driving me mad. I'm post meno 4 plus years. When does it all stop xx

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »

Hi I'm also post meno by 4.5 years now.  I had no idea that the problem was due to oestrogen deficiency and suffered for many years.  Thankfully my symptoms have all gone now I'm on the right dose and type of HRT.x

Beaker

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »

Hi, I used to have the same symptoms in my hands, but also in the soles of my feet.  It used to feel like burning embers under the skin.  Like Dotty, it stopped when I started HRT.

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »

Hi, I used to have the same symptoms in my hands, but also in the soles of my feet.  It used to feel like burning embers under the skin.  Like Dotty, it stopped when I started HRT.
I get this in my feet. Started HRT in April but haven't noticed any changes yet.

Beaker

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »

give it time Katejo.  Hopefully you'll see an improvement after 3 months.  If not - maybe you might need an increase in the oestrogen dose?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »

? Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ? does it ease when you hang the arms over the side of the bed?  Pregnant women are known to be affected so it is most likely HORMONES  >:(

Angel1964

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »

? Carpal Tunnel Syndrome ? does it ease when you hang the arms over the side of the bed?  Pregnant women are known to be affected so it is most likely HORMONES  >:(

I will try that tonight and let you know. Thank you xz

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 04:16:38 PM »

give it time Katejo.  Hopefully you'll see an improvement after 3 months.  If not - maybe you might need an increase in the oestrogen dose?
Hopefully. I had wondered whether i wasn't absorbing it because I haven't had any side effects at all either. Just a little itching under the patch. I am about half way through the 1st 3 months.

Angel1964

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2019, 01:05:01 PM »

CLKD forgot to try the hands over bed. Anyway went to see gp told her about burning hands, pins and needles, etc. I asked could I have bloods done as they were last done March and since then I've had h-pylori, been on lots of antibiotics and Lansoprazole. She said no, none of these things would affect minerals/vitamins!!! Asked her could it be hormonal. She said don't know. She has prescribed what I thought was evorel Conti patches, went to chemist, manufacturing problem and can only have sequi. I also asked gp could it be B12 deficiency. She said well take some!! Yet again came out banging head against wall, thinking I can't continue like this with the hands, tingling, pins and needles, pains etc. I also said to her that wrists hurt when moving them, no reply. So nowhere further and really really fed up now as cannot stand how poorly I feel each day and with these added symptoms

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »

CLKD forgot to try the hands over bed. Anyway went to see gp told her about burning hands, pins and needles, etc. I asked could I have bloods done as they were last done March and since then I've had h-pylori, been on lots of antibiotics and Lansoprazole. She said no, none of these things would affect minerals/vitamins!!! Asked her could it be hormonal. She said don't know. She has prescribed what I thought was evorel Conti patches, went to chemist, manufacturing problem and can only have sequi. I also asked gp could it be B12 deficiency. She said well take some!! Yet again came out banging head against wall, thinking I can't continue like this with the hands, tingling, pins and needles, pains etc. I also said to her that wrists hurt when moving them, no reply. So nowhere further and really really fed up now as cannot stand how poorly I feel each day and with these added symptoms
I wonder when the supply problem with Evorel Conti started? I got a first prescription and then a repeat at the end of April.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 02:39:01 PM »

Get a pin **** test arranged ........ ask for a referral to an Orthopaedic Clinic for carpal tunnel which can be hormone related.

Ring the surgery and make the suggestion, explain that it's saving an appt..  There is a specific test which your GP should have done ;-)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:09:54 PM by CLKD »

Foxylady

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »

Yeh CLKD, carpal tunnel quite common in pregnancy!