Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Unusual vaginal bleeding, feeling very worried  (Read 5799 times)

DownDillie

Re: Unusual vaginal bleeding, feeling very worried
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 10:25:07 PM »

Hi all - thought I'd update you on my hysteroscopy today. The upshot is that all is well  :).

It was done by a nurse practitioner. She was initially concerned about my HRT regime because she thought I was taking unopposed estrogen, I presume this was based on my GP notes, I don't know. But anyway, I cleared that one up and we generally discussed my HRT regime.

My womb lining on the scan is 6mm, so not massively over what it should be. She did the hysteroscopy which was only mildly worse than a smear. Took a lot longer and is rather undignified, a bit crampy when the camera went through the cervix and apparently it's a bit of a long and winding road to get into my uterus, but really it was fine, hardly any discomfort.

She said everything looks fine and normal. She took some cell samples so hopefully they will come back normal.

She suggested changing my HRT regime but what she said made no sense to me - I will post separately on that when I've done a bit more research.

But feeling happy and much relieved. Thanks so much to Birdy and everyone else for calming me down when I was making myself anxious  :).

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Unusual vaginal bleeding, feeling very worried
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:20 AM »

That's good news DownDillie. Bet you feel better now!
We manage to get ourselves into a right old state don't we? X
Pages: 1 2 [3]