Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any of you lovely ladies able to help me?  (Read 3464 times)

Roobee

Any of you lovely ladies able to help me?
« on: May 29, 2019, 09:03:38 PM »

I am 48 and have had a Mirena coil for years, the one I currently have has been in for 10 years so well out of date. Anyway my doctor prescribed me Evorel Conti last Friday because he said i couldn't have Estrogel/utrogestan as I don't have regular periods. I have not started using them yet.
 I cannot say I haven't had a period for 2 years because I have had the odd day over the years here and there but I also can't say I have regular ones.
I am due to have coil removed end of June (can't get an apt till then) but doc said leave it there if you like, it won't hurt.
Should I be taking a Conti type HRT? Can I use Estrogel/Utrogestan and if so how? Surely my coil isn't working now so would have had a period if I was going to? I'm  so confused and the doctors I've seen are just as confused as me, I've seen or spoke to 7 different ones over the last month! Please help me x

Tinkerbell

Re: Any of you lovely ladies able to help me?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 10:08:24 PM »

Why not have another coil put in when they remove your old one, then you can just add Estrogel.

Roobee

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 10:26:08 PM »

Why not have another coil put in when they remove your old one, then you can just add Estrogel.

Because I'm feeling so awful I hoped to get something started as soon as possible

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 08:05:48 AM »

Let us know your symptoms.  Could it be that the coil is well past it's useful date and causing some of your symptoms? If it doesn't help it can be removed.

Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first, then add it to the search box here to C what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 08:14:46 AM »

Hi yes you can have Oestrogel and Utrogestan x

Roobee

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 09:48:06 AM »

Let us know your symptoms.  Could it be that the coil is well past it's useful date and causing some of your symptoms? If it doesn't help it can be removed.

Maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease first, then add it to the search box here to C what pops up?  Make notes ;-)

My symptoms are terrible brain fog, anxiety, lethargy, hair thinning, bad skin on face, serious lack of interest in anything, don’t sleep well, feel emotionally drained and like I’m not even here half the time.

I am due to have it removed end of June, even though doctor didn’t seem to think I should worry about it and told me I could leave it in if I wanted
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:52:23 AM by Roobee »

Roobee

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 09:51:08 AM »

Hi yes you can have Oestrogel and Utrogestan x

Why is it that you ladies can give proper answers but doctors can't? ☹️

I asked for a blood test, he said I didn't need one, I know they don't use them to diagnose menopause but at least that may tell me where I am. Considering an at home blood test but not sure they are even accurate

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »

Hi blood tests won't help you.  Your symptoms tell you that you are going through menopause.  If you have had bleeding over the last year, no matter how small then you are still in peri menopause.  You can still take a conti HRT, but you may get breakthrough bleeding if your body isn't ready for it. x

Roobee

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 10:00:00 AM »

Hi blood tests won't help you.  Your symptoms tell you that you are going through menopause.  If you have had bleeding over the last year, no matter how small then you are still in peri menopause.  You can still take a conti HRT, but you may get breakthrough bleeding if your body isn't ready for it. x
Thank you so much for the replies
Do you think I should just start the Evorel Conti I have even with the coil still in and see what happens or wait until it’s out and push for the body identical stuff?
I have had my thyroid checked, that’s all fine.
I would be interested to hear what experiences other ladies have had with this HRT, I guess I type in search bar?

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »

Some ladies get on very well with Evorel Conti and others don't.  Its trial and error x

Roobee

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »

Some ladies get on very well with Evorel Conti and others don't.  Its trial and error x

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated. This is a confusing and scary time and it seems the people most likely to help you (doctors) actually don't!

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2019, 02:05:07 PM »

Hi Oestrogel is easier to adapt the dose as Evorel Conti only come in one strength.  But you may be fine on the patches. Any hrt can take 3 months to work xx

Roobee

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »

Hi Oestrogel is easier to adapt the dose as Evorel Conti only come in one strength.  But you may be fine on the patches. Any hrt can take 3 months to work xx

Is it the oestrogen or the progesterone that causes the most problems with side effects?

Dotty

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »

Usually progesterone x

Roobee

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 03:08:57 PM »

Usually progesterone x

I'm just going to stick one on tonight and see, guess I won't ever know if not, may go and have a look how others have felt first though 😂
Pages: [1] 2