Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Alternative days utrogeten bleed  (Read 1785 times)

juliemargaret

Alternative days utrogeten bleed
« on: May 29, 2019, 06:15:53 PM »

Dear all. Im.new to group. Messaged today but not sure if it went through. Has anybody had any experience with bleedig on utrogesten. Im.new to hrt....6 days on esteogel gel.and 3.days utro....taken vaginally and on alternate days. Not felt anything bwnefot wise...yet.  Had my 3rd last night...and today i have a bleed, headache and feel rather pmt ish. Any reassitance or words to share? Im.48 anf peri meno...still have periods but theyve been a bit unpredictable the last few months and hadnt had one for 6 weeks before this bleed today.  No hot flushes bit la good few months of overwhelment, no energy or motivation, and very tender.coccyx and weak bladder!! Had advice and support from.gp...and dr louise newson said to take alternate days without a break. (My preferred choice was vaginally so i did it his way and eith approval)

I know its real early days...and may need to give it time...but im.already questionin if ive done the right thing even starting !!  Any help would be.great as feel a little thrown...and ....unsure.

Would love to chat.
X

Dotty

Re: Alternative days utrogeten bleed
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:38:04 PM »

Hi stick with it as you need to give it time to work .

Bleeding can be expected for first 3-6 months on any hrt .  However , as you are still in peri menopause you may not be ready to take continuous progesterone x

juliemargaret

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 06:59:59 PM »

Hi dotty thanks so much for replying. I did wonder about this after reading such info re utro and peri but acted on the advise of one of the best menopause doctors so im confused. Im.sort of regretting even starting now. Should i ask her aboit it or just continue - she said tontey for 4.weeks and let het know! How long will bleed last do you think? X

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 07:12:24 PM »

Have you seen Dr Newson?

juliemargaret

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 07:20:40 PM »

No but spoken withbher via mesaage...and she advised this x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »

Perhaps she didn't realise you were still in peri menopause. There is no danger to taking it continuously in peri menopause but you are more likely to suffer with breakthrough bleeding. X

juliemargaret

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 07:32:59 PM »

I was thinking this. Maybe ill.messahe her tmw and check. I just feel so horrid.today dotty. X

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »

How many pumps of gel are you using?

juliemargaret

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 07:51:45 PM »

Just 2 and as prescribed. The ustro is 100mg x

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »

That's a pretty standard dose . Just give it time to work. X

juliemargaret

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »

Ues dotty ill.do this eh....try not to.stress.or worry and just accept and 'be' best as i can and see how it goes. Guess i hoped or imagined....id feel brand ew and get my glow and mojo back. My eyes look dark in corners underneath.....i dont feel like me. And my coccyx tender. (Apparently low estrogen linked to this although not come across anyone else saying theyve had same!) Ah! I think today is just a low day......xx