Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Home Blood Test  (Read 922 times)

allie007

Home Blood Test
« on: May 29, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »

Hi ladies
I ordered one of those online blood tests and the kit was delivered today. Would anyone know if there is a best time for me to use the test? I use Estradot patches  and change on a Monday morning and Thursday evening.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Home Blood Test
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 06:50:25 PM »

I think you need to speak to a Pharmacist, surely the kit has instructions  :-\

allie007

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »

Says in morning of day 3 of your period. Can't remember the last time i had one! Just wondered if anyone who has had monitoring blood tests has had them done at a particular time, like the day after patch change day? Or if it doesnt matter.

karenc1900

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »

I did one of these, I have a mirena coil and have not had a period for years ! I also use Estrodot patches. I did the blood test before 9am, as it says, don't think it matters what day..those lancets hurt though 😳

allie007

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 08:12:24 PM »

Im trying not to think about the pain 🙈

Mandee

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 09:42:34 PM »

Hi allie007,
I've been thinking about getting one of these tests, would be interesting to see the results!
Which one did you get, was it the full hormone one with 9 tests from Medichecks?

allie007

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 10:25:31 PM »

Hi Mandee
Hope you're ok this eve.
I got it from Thriva, its the Female hormone check, 5 tests. I paid £39 for it, is normally £79 but I found a discount code x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 06:37:20 AM »

Hi allie007 - I would do the blood test in the morning and also half-way between patch change tme to give you an average of what they might be. I just had a blood tests done with the doc and had a surprising very low oestrogen level at the time I was due to change the patch - so low I thought it must be a mistake! Your levels will be lower in the morning too so that needs to be factored in. Really they are just a snapshot in time - especially just one reading.

Hurdity x

allie007

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 07:29:11 AM »

Thank you Hurdity, that will mean either Sunday or Wednesday. Will have to be Wednesday as it says to send the same day x