Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fibroids  (Read 1248 times)

Jari

Fibroids
« on: May 29, 2019, 04:18:32 AM »

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows much about fibroids?

I took hrt briefly, but am now off it. When I came off it, the gynae said she wanted to check womb lining to know whether I should take progesterone to shed the lining or not.
Anyway, she said I had a small fibroid, but that the hrt would've caused it to grow and it was nothing to worry about. She did go in to say I could have it removed because a lady she'd seen had had a cancer growth hidden by a fibroid, so it was best to have removed. As it was small, I said just to leave for now which she was relaxed about.
I'm just wondering now, as it's 6 months since scan, whether I should have it checked out or do they shrink on their own?

Maxwin

Re: Fibroids
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 04:52:55 PM »

Hi Jari, I was told lots women have fibroids without ever realising it (i.e they didn't cause any problems), mine did so I had to have a hysterectomy (all other possibilities explored first but nothing worked).  Does the fibroid cause you any problems, heavy bleeding, clots, pain?  I'm sure your doctor could put your mind at rest but they will probably say to leave it be.