Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Forced by Brexit to change to pills - really?!!!!  (Read 1723 times)

Bettythecat

Forced by Brexit to change to pills - really?!!!!
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »

I've had a nightmare today. Have been on Evorel Conti since October quite happily (switched from evorel sequi after having a year with no bleeding) and had a routine check up with my GP to get a new prescription. As usual it had to be ordered in so went back today as suggested and was told due to brexit it wasn't available at any local pharmacies due to manufacturer not being able to supply! Because I have zero supplies I was told either to spend the next few days ringing round pharmacies, or to switch to Kliovance (continuous tablets). I'm really concerned. I researched HRT very carefully and was confident that patches were best for me - and have been happy on them. Is anyone else having a problem with supplies and is it really due to Brexit? That's not even happened yet so it's only going to get worse. Help! This is not a post about politics btw I just want advice on switching from patches to pills. What should I expect? Should I do it? My main symptoms pre HRT were woolly head, mild depression, anxiety, aching joints. I'm 54 and also have raised BP although it's controlled at a normal level thanks to a low dose diuretic. Advice appreciated

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Forced by Brexit to change to pills - really?!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 10:31:30 AM »

It's been in the low media news for about 12 months and last week there was an article about Pharamcists having difficulties sourcing medications across the board.  Certainly my ADs and statins are different to those previously prescribed.  I wish that Surgeries would take responsibility and let patients now, after all many are linked in with Lloyds Pharmacy so it shouldn't be a surprise!

Some diabetics are stock piling insulin etc., can't see how but my latest request wasn't refused and I came back with everything  ::)

CaptJaneway

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 06:47:07 PM »

Might the company who hold the licence be able to provide accurate supply shortage info? There is a freephone number for customer service & they are based in Bucks.

Also, at the back of the leaflet is the address of 2 manufacturers, 1 of which is located in Oxford, only an address there though.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5591/pil

Save speculation.

This might be a good site to keep an eye on  insulin.

https://www.diabetes.org.uk/about_us/news/insulin-brexit
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:51:43 PM by CaptJaneway »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »

:thankyou:

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 06:44:45 PM »

I've had a nightmare today. Have been on Evorel Conti since October quite happily (switched from evorel sequi after having a year with no bleeding) and had a routine check up with my GP to get a new prescription. As usual it had to be ordered in so went back today as suggested and was told due to brexit it wasn't available at any local pharmacies due to manufacturer not being able to supply! Because I have zero supplies I was told either to spend the next few days ringing round pharmacies, or to switch to Kliovance (continuous tablets). I'm really concerned. I researched HRT very carefully and was confident that patches were best for me - and have been happy on them. Is anyone else having a problem with supplies and is it really due to Brexit? That's not even happened yet so it's only going to get worse. Help! This is not a post about politics btw I just want advice on switching from patches to pills. What should I expect? Should I do it? My main symptoms pre HRT were woolly head, mild depression, anxiety, aching joints. I'm 54 and also have raised BP although it's controlled at a normal level thanks to a low dose diuretic. Advice appreciated
Hi bettythecat   I read your message after doing a search for discussions on Evorel Conti. Did you manage to get a further supply?   I have only just started Evorel Conti and didn't have any problem with getting it. My local Boots also had it in stock

Has it helped your aching joints? This and aching tight muscles is one of my reasons for trying HRT for the first time.

Nicolalamb

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 11:51:46 AM »

I have just started Kliovance been fine apart from very tender breasts. It has been very helpful for the muzzy head blurry vision and flushes I'm 53 been on it for a month and a half now.