Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Endometrial Biopsy - so scared!  (Read 9932 times)

Jeana1

Re: Endometrial Biopsy - so scared!
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2019, 07:28:45 AM »

Hi Krystal and Bring me sunshine

Thank you both for your response, I will take a couple of paracetamol an hour before I go and my husband will come with me, I was reading on some other threads that it can feel a bit sore and that there will be some bleeding afterwards, at least I know what to expect from the procedure, I have to say (and I am an emotional person) that the support you ladies have shown me has brought a tear to my eyes, It is truly amazing that we can be here for each other and understand what we go through whether it be menopause issues, mental health issues or both. Thank you for this it has really helped to know you lot are out there.

Jeana x

Woodlands

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2019, 09:43:58 AM »

Hi there.
I've had two of these biopsies in the last 5years...they are a bit uncomfortable but nothing more.... Painkillers before hands helps.
Try to relax
Woodlands xx

Jeana1

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

Hi Woodlands

Thanks for your response, I am doing my best to relax, I listen to Eckhart Tolle - The power of now, it's about living in the moment and not the past or future, it's an amazing book I listen to the audio version because it feels like a meditation.

I hate waiting for the appointment, I keep getting a knot in my tummy every time I see the postie! Just want it out the way and take it from there really. I have at times forgot about it which is great but then I remember!!!

Jeana x

Jeana1

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »

Hello

I just wanted to give an update, I had the biopsy on the 15th May (ooouch!) results today and everything is fine, I also had a lady bits scan and they seen a small cyst on my left ovary which I was frightened about but had blood test and all fine with that to, I think it is 1.8cm, I need to have it scanned again in 4 months. The Consultant gynae I see is really nice, at first I found him intimidating but he does really care and knows how anxious I get and is understanding of that. I get I really do need to get on top of this health anxiety it's overwhelming and controls me almost, I will be starting CBT in a month or so and will try my best to get on top of it.

Also I am now 9 weeks off Diazepam and things are settling down a bit now after some pretty horrible withdrawal symptoms, so pleased to be that far away from taking them. NEVER AGAIN!

Thank you all again for your support and encouraging words, it's a lovely forum with really great ladies helping each other.

Jeana

Jeana1

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 04:05:31 PM »

Hi Birdy

Thanks , yes I'm relieved. I made a mistake with the size of the cyst its actually 8mm by 5mm not 1.8cm! silly me  ;D

You use the term "benzo'" I guess you have knowledge of these devil pills! I never knew how terrible they were until I tried to stop taking them, I had to taper slowly and still got horrible withdrawal symptoms, most have subsided but some still remain and will take time to go, up to 45% of people taking them long term (over 4 weeks) will experience withdrawal symptoms, they are a terrible drug one I wish I never started in the first place......BEWARE OF BENZODIAZEPINES EVERYONE

Jeana

Jeana1

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »

Hi cystic twin  ;

Trouble was that when I stared taking them it helped my anxiety and foolishly I ended up on them for 18 months, research shows that they should only be prescribed for 2-4 weeks and even then should be tapered off, they actually stop working after around 6-8 weeks and people up dose to get the same effect. They completely take over the GABA receptors amongst others.

And yes it was brutal getting off them! But i did it  :clapping:

Jeana
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]