Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help given wrong HRT  (Read 749 times)

Millykin

Help given wrong HRT
« on: May 28, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »

I've been on femoston 1/10 for about 5 years now. I'm 48. I requested a prescription and went to pick it up only to be told they couldn't get it anymore and they phoned my GP to write new prescription for alternative. Anyway I said I would take it else where and try. I got it at another pharmacy. So today I popped into my local pharmacy and they said you have a prescription here and gave me it. I went home and opened it, replacement HRT. I really am annoyed and confused. My GP just went ahead and gave me a prescription for Premique low dose 0.3mg / 1.5mg. I looked it up on this site and I think it's a conti? I'm convinced they just looked up the cheapest and thought that'll do without even checking what I was on! Mines is sequential I'm sure? Help please

sheila99

Re: Help given wrong HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:21:52 PM »

I can't comment on premique but if femoston suits you and you can get it at a different pharmacy can't you ask the gp to continue with this prescription? And ask her to put in on repeat so you don't have to go through this again. If you've found one that suits you I'd try to stick with it, the next one might not.

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 08:39:32 PM »

Hi Millykin,
I've just checked also, & you're right Premique is for Post menopause & femoston is for 1/10 is for peri menopause.
Contact your surgery tomorrow & ask the receptionist to double check with a doctor, & if necessary take a print out of the treatments from this website to confirm.

Cazikins x

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:53:00 PM »

Sheila99
It does suit it took me ages to get them to give me Femoston. 5 yrs I've been on it, th pharmacy said they had trouble getting it. Don't know if that means manufacturing problem or not. Should of asked.

Cazikins,
Yes i thought it was. I'm going to print info off, make appointment and discuss with them, I'm just so annoyed that they didn't even check. This is where I'm so thankful for this site and all the information on it. X

Cazikins

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 08:56:58 PM »

Cazikins,
Yes i thought it was. I'm going to print info off, make appointment and discuss with them, I'm just so annoyed that they didn't even check. This is where I'm so thankful for this site and all the information on it. X

You should be able to get it changed without a docs appt (it might save you time & stress, our docs would do it). Docs don't always have as much knowledge as us girls do  ;D ;D so I look upon it as if we are "leading the way for them" & giving them a hand.  :)