Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Starting evorel patches and utrogestan.Wish me luck !  (Read 5487 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Starting evorel patches and utrogestan.Wish me luck !
« on: May 22, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »

Hi everyone!
                     After a lot of messing about with patches on and off I'm trialling evorel 25 mg patch and started utrogestan 200 mg tablets tonight. Wish me luck girls !
     I'm 53 on Friday, I think still peri and started hrt last March for severe fatigue, gastro symptoms, insomnia and no libido feel hot but no flushes which I'm thankful for.
     At the moment feeling preggas as tummy bloated ,tearful and can't sleep ,so hoping will settle down .
Also do nhs gps prescribe testosterone? as I'm thinking of trying because it's affecting my relationship with hubby and gp been no help so far .She said it's not a medical problem! Aaargh 😔

Hurdity

Re: Starting evorel patches and utrogestan.Wish me luck !
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 08:24:27 AM »

Hope it works for you. You might find the progesterone dose too high at this stage, for that low dose of oestrogen but if you have been having heavy/irregular bleeds then the Utrogestan may well help in this regard.

It is often very difficult to get testosterone from NHS doc as there is currently no licensed product for women in UK. Many of us who have managed this have been to a private doc first who writes to the GP, and then the GP will continue to prescribe - no guarantee though.

Of course it's a medical problem! Are you on any other meds? Some can depress libido.

Hurdity x

Moonshine54

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 06:40:32 PM »

Hi
I started on exactly  the same a,couple of weeks ago. I am 54 but still have periods.  It has helped lift my mood but as my period draws near . I am getting bad pmt symptoms.  I was interested in what Huridity said about.the progesterone levels being too high.
I have a couple of days to my period but just hanging in there as I feel terrible. 
I am sleeping better and the depression has lifted.
I hope it works for you.
Mooney  xx

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 09:05:14 PM »

Hi thanks for replies . :)I seem to be getting on better with the micronised progesterone than other types ,but today have felt racing heart and other pmt symptoms so will have to wait and see .
      I am seriously thinking of having a private consultation, as my gps don't seem to know what they're doing.
     I was originally on evorel sequi which had 50 mg of oestrogen but I felt "wired"on it if that makes sense as though I'd had too much coffee.
   Also seriously thinking of buying some maternity jeans as my tummy's so swollen ,I'm ready to pop ! :-\

Moonshine54

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »

I have just increased dose to evorel 50. I am hoping tbis sorts the pmt symptoms out . I am also bloated and it's not a good look xx