Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Interesting; could Vitamin D cause hot flashes  (Read 2206 times)

Alicess

Interesting; could Vitamin D cause hot flashes
« on: May 27, 2019, 06:55:56 PM »

I always seem to get very hot after taking vitamin D. I was curious if others have had the same experience .Found this:

https://www.easy-immune-health.com/could-vitamin-d-be-causing-hot-flashes-comments.html   (comments below the article)

https://schoolafm.com/ws_clinical_know/vitamin-d-and-hot-flashes-2/

Foxylady

Re: Interesting; could Vitamin D cause hot flashes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 07:06:32 PM »

Hi Alicess, I have been taking vitamin D3 5,000iu for a few years now, initially not taking them every day but this last year every night with magnesium supplement & I can't say I have noticed any link to flushes/flashes or feeling hot. I had a quick browse over the first link in your post, will have a look ito it further. I did a poster presentation for a public health course on recommendations on Vitamin D for children and did alot of research on it, I have to admit I never came across anything about this whilst studying it. Both myself and my OH take D3.

Foxylady

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:39:23 PM »

I see on that website (Easy immune system health) there is another page on Magnesium and vitamin D saying taking them together is the best way and the symptoms folk are experiencing is related to magnesium deficiency. The human body is so amazing & there are so many things we still don't understand about how it works!

Alicess

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 07:53:21 PM »

Hi Foxylady,  I never came across it either. I always assumed it could ease menopausal symptoms as most research suggests. But when I read the comments of other women in the second article I was surprised. Maybe some women are more sensitive or maybe it is indeed the balance between vitamin D and magnesium. I thought it was worth mentioning. I feel we only scratched the surface when it comes to understanding the human body.

Letmein

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 10:27:26 AM »

I started to take Vit D in February after a random test showed a deficiency. I am actually experiencing the opposite, less hot flushes in the recent months, but it could be a coincidence.

Salad

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »

I always seem to get very hot after taking vitamin D. I was curious if others have had the same experience

Just jumping in to the thread  :)
Excessive sweating, particularly on the head, is a symptom of Vitamin D deficiency. Not sure if the hot feeling goes with it though.

Alicess

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 06:48:44 PM »

I'm hot en sweating all over practically all the time but when I take vitamin D I'm boiling. I also have a vitamin D deficiency.   ???
I also take a magnesium supplement. Very strange indeed. But I'm glad you feel the benefits, Letmein.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »

Could it be the magnesium?

I took VitD capsules and never had any body temp. alterations.  Maybe ask a Pharmacist at your local Chemist?

Alicess

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:27 PM »

Hi CLKD,  yes, I did ask the pharmacist actually and he never heard of it before but he did say that vitamin D is a prohormone so it's possible.

And to make matters more intriguing:

...Furthermore, estrogen plays a role in activating vitamin D, meaning that the estrogen deficiency that comes with menopause could worsen any problems with vitamin D deficiency.....

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140416090801.htm