Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hair thinning  (Read 828 times)

Hutchim

Hair thinning
« on: May 27, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »

Hi Everyone
I am new to the forum and would really appreciate your advice. I decided to take HRT about 18 months ago as struggling at work with hot flushes and not sleeping due to night sweats etc. Was taking Femostan Conti and really helped symptoms, however about a year ago I was losing alot of hair when washing/brushing it and thought it could be down to stress of my son getting married! Perservered with the HRT and it got better for a while but about 3 months ago it got a lot worse, discussed to GP and she said that she heard Evorel Conti patches could help. Started with the patches & am really struggling now, hair not got any better, maybe a bit worse, feel miserable, sore breasts, having weird dreams, feel lethargic etc etc  and also been told from the pharmacy that they are difficult to get hold of now.

Any help would be great as I feel so fed up.
Thank you
Michele

jaypo

Re: Hair thinning
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:39:08 PM »

Hi hutchim,and welcome to the forum,do you take any vits?biotin is good to help with hair and also when you wash it,try not scrub just gently massage so's not to disturb the follicles too much,it's horrible as a woman to see your hair falling out,happened to me but it's come ok again x

Hutchim

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 08:08:59 PM »

Hi Jaypo, thanks, I have just started taking hair vitamins so will see if they help. Trying different kinds of shampoo  containing biotin  but don't seem to be making a difference at the moment. X

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 08:15:08 PM »

I know this will sound silly BUT my daughter had awful hair loss down to medication she takes for an IBD she found mane and tail horse shampoo worked fabulously 😆 I see they sell it in Boots now but she was using the proper horse stuff,her hair was beautiful and it stopped the fall 🤷‍♀️