Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Losing my marbles  (Read 1297 times)

sadielouise78

Losing my marbles
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:49:34 AM »

Hi,

I just had to post and tell you all about the ridiculous things I'm doing at the moment.  Yesterday I lost my car keys.  I looked everywhere including in my handbag about three times only to then find then hanging over the top of my handbag!  Then I went to Lidl, put the car in park, got out and locked it and started walking towards Lidl before I realised the car I could hear running was mine (oh the joys of keyless driving).  And today I lost my calculator, looked for it for half an hour only to find it filed in a file I had put away.  I have done many more things stupid recently but these have just taken the biscuit!   ;D ;D ;D

I seem to find the longer I got without a 'bleed', the more battier I get and I'm now 33 days without one!

Sarah x
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:28:23 AM by sadielouise78 »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Losing my marbles
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 11:12:30 AM »

Hi sadielouise78

I'm  in that club too!  ::)
Only I say stupid things as well, and then think
Why did I say that?
I've lost the plot.....
So I try to stay quiet.... ;D

Jd x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »

We have a thread - somewhere  ;D

squeaker99

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »

Totally agree sadie louise. I went to the GP two years ago I was so convinced I had dementia. She said don't worry just anxiety and hormones.  Then I felt better for two years. (Stopped worrying about it! ) Recently the brain fog has come back.  I went for a takeaway today, paid for it, then walked out without picking it up! I walk into rooms and forget what I've come for all the time.

It'd very specific though... this short term fogginess, choosing the wrong word and feeling my mind isn't on tasks. I have done all the on-line dementia tests/Sage test etc and do really well in them. My short term memory for recall is great when in a test scanario. It is more when I'm day dreaming (aka 'worrying!'). I'm also better when talking to someone who isn't my family  (like a GP!) I'm super eloquent then I go into the car park and can't find my car!

allie007

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 12:26:42 PM »

Ive turned into my nanna. I call my children by the wrong names, left my keys in the car last week, purse in the car yesterday when i went shopping, always forgetting mid conversation what I was talking about, I forget the names of simple things. Was chatting to a friend last week and I couldn't remember the word  'umbrella'. I had to describe what it was!