Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Struggling to cope with the menopause  (Read 1128 times)

Monty

Struggling to cope with the menopause
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:27:17 PM »

Since starting the menopause I have struggled with hot flushes and night sweats as well as not sleeping well. I am also having to cope with the nerve endings in my body causing  tingling and pins and needles especially when I have  hot flush. My GP prescribed an anti depressant but they don't seem to be working. I am worried about HRT as I have heard it can cause breast cancer. As both my sisters had it one was lucky and is now all clear but my other sister passed away in November from stage 4 breast cancer. 

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Struggling to cope with the menopause
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:19:23 PM »

Hi Monty

:welcomemm:

Ask anything you want, have a rant, or just a chat on the ‘this n that' thread, someone's always on to offer advice and help....
Sorry you are suffering, and so, so, sorry about your sisters...x

Jd xx

Monty

Re: Struggling to cope with the menopause
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 08:32:18 PM »

Hi Jari I last had a period in Dec 2018. I have been on fluoxetine for about 5 months and yes my GP said it would help. I have never really had any advice on what I was to expect as like most people just thought it was hot flushes. I was interested to know that there are clinics you can go to and wonder whether it is worth asking my GP to refer to discuss my symptoms and treatment.