Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: changing from patches to gel?  (Read 714 times)

Daisybunny

• First Flush
changing from patches to gel?
« on: May 25, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »

Hello. I am 58 and have had a mirena coil and using patches since November. I started with Evorel 100 and they were fine to start with then after a few months started irritating my skin so swapped to Estradot 100 a few weeks ago but they seem to irritate even more, although they are smaller. My menopause nurse has now offered me gel but I am anxious that swapping from patches to gel may make me start bleeding again as I had problems with that before having polyps removed and the mirena fitted - I bled for weeks trying to find a regime that suited. The Evorel 100 patches are great apart from the skin irritation. So, I have 3 questions - is swapping to the gel likely to make me bleed? is the gel as likely as patches to irritate my super sensitive skin? and how many pumps would be equivalent to the Evorel 100 and does it make any difference if you split the gel dose morning and night or take it all at once?
Hope someone can advise. Thanks in advance.

Dotty

Re: changing from patches to gel?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 01:54:38 PM »

Hi 4 pumps would be equivalent to 100 patch. I use 4 pumps all at once in a morning but you can split it. It might cause bleeding, might not. The only way would be to try it. I'm very happy on the gel . X

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »

I switched from Patches as the adhesive irritated my skin, i was on Estradot 75 and use 3 pumps of Estrogel, i  had no bleeding when i switched and it doesn't irritate my skin.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 08:46:38 PM »

I had a reaction to everel but am OK with gel.