Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 1540 times)

Jocoll68

• First Flush
Need advice
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:41:47 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group. I wonder if anyone can help. I feel very nauseous and anxious in the morning. It seems to be around the time I should have my period ( no period for 6 months) I have been to doctor and spoken about not feeling myself, she said she thought I should try HRT gave me prescription for gel and tablets. Very scared to take them. Help!!!

Dotty

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »

Go ahead and take them. They have improved my life so much x

Salad

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »

Hi Jocoll68

It sounds as if your doctor could be up to date with their HRT knowledge - always a good start  :D
HRT has been a life changer for me, although it took sometime finding the right one and dose.

Maybe give it a go and see how you get on, you can always stop if it's not for you.

:welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 10:55:12 AM »

Presumably pregnancy has been ruled out? If so, yes try hrt. It's made a huge difference to my life though nausea wasn't one of my symptoms. Hope you feel better soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 11:07:37 AM »

:welcomemm:  you can have medication to ease nausea too.  I used travel sickness medication for years ........

Let us know how you get on.  Some find it useful to keep a mood/symptom/food diary.

Rosie77

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 12:02:17 PM »

Hi Jocoll68,
Welcome!  Just wanted to cheer you on! 
I just started HRT patch and pill in March so I am no expert. I am a real mess too, so I will take any relief.  My only complaint was withdrawal bleeds 3x in 4 weeks.  My obgyn just switched me to taking progesterone days 1-14 which I start in a couple days. 

LuLu71

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 10:02:13 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group. I wonder if anyone can help. I feel very nauseous and anxious in the morning. It seems to be around the time I should have my period ( no period for 6 months) I have been to doctor and spoken about not feeling myself, she said she thought I should try HRT gave me prescription for gel and tablets. Very scared to take them. Help!!!

Hi Jocol, My situation sounds similar to yours. I too was so scared about HRT and didn't try them the first time my gyno suggested it. for me, the anxiety and insomnia made my mood very low...I wonder how well you are sleeping? I finally started taking the HRT and feel much better after two months.

If your doctor has screened you, ie. FSH testing, family history of cancer screen, etc. (there's routine questions they ask before) then why not give it a go? As well, the articles on this website that can be found under "Magazine" are very insightful and may put your mind at rest. Also, there are other categories like HRT above to click on...good luck and I'm really rooting for you!  :)

LuLu71

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »

Hi Again Jocol,

A good article on here can be found through this link- https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php scroll down to the HRT-What's the Latest? article. It's very enlightening!