Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Venlaflaxine any good for brain fog do we know?  (Read 2536 times)

Butterfly22

Re: Venlaflaxine any good for brain fog do we know?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2019, 09:22:11 AM »

I'm glad you managed to come off slowly, the doctor said f I come off then will have to do this and could take months as on high dose tablet, intake 3 a day.
I just want people to be aware before trying them as I've used them as a last resort for bad depression xx

Kazzyp

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 09:36:11 AM »

Hi Aggie,
just to update; I took my first one after dinner yesterday evening & felt nauseous within an hour 😕. Felt rotten when I went to bed & have woken up feeling like a zombie! I don't feel good at all.
I think I'm going to wait & see what happens without my hrt for a while then, IF I need them I'll try again.
I know these symptoms subside in a week or two if you persevere, so for someone really suffering it'd be worth it, but at the mo I'm not. Fingers crossed 🤞

Rosie77

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »

Hi Aggie,
just to update; I took my first one after dinner yesterday evening & felt nauseous within an hour 😕. Felt rotten when I went to bed & have woken up feeling like a zombie! I don't feel good at all.
I think I'm going to wait & see what happens without my hrt for a while then, IF I need them I'll try again.
I know these symptoms subside in a week or two if you persevere, so for someone really suffering it'd be worth it, but at the mo I'm not. Fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks for the update!  Just dreadful.  I was going to cut a tablet and try a piece last night. chickened out.  That awful nausea and appetite loss happened to me after Lexapro, which is not as strong as venlaflaxine.  It should be out of your system soon. 

Kazzyp

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 05:09:49 PM »

Rosie77 mine are the 75mg XR ones - I think you said your's were 37.5mg earlier on, so hopefully not so brutal! Many years ago I took Seroxat for a period of time and I don't remember ever feeling like this. Had a rough time coming off those, so can sympathise with those struggling now though.
Venlefaxine is obviously a lot more potent 😳 or just doesn't suit me.
Starting to feel better now but have been rough all day.

racjen

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »

I don't think it's a question of potency, just that each anti-depressant (even within the same category eg SSRIs, SNRIs etc.) is slightly different in its chemical make-up and effects. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many out there. Add to that the fact that two individuals can react completely differently to the same drug, and that probably goes for withdrawal effects too. I'm on Day 2 of Fluoxetine (Prozac), having had no improvement whatsoever after 12 weeks on Mirtazapine. I feel increased anxiety, really bad stomach upset, no appetite whatsoever, fuzzy headache....but so far no increased depression or suicidal thoughts, which have been my problem with other SSRIs. Will stick it out for as long as I can, I desperately need relief from the relentless depression and anxiety which HRT doesn't seem to be touching.

Aggie

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 08:42:22 PM »

Butterfly - thanks for the sage suggestion - I can't see anything about whether or not it raises oestrogen - if it does then it's off the menu for me sadly.   It sounds like tapering the doseage off is the way to come off.  However,  based on your experience Kazzyp I think I will follow suit with Rosie and chicken out.  (For now anyway).  I can't handle feeling sick AT ALL.  I would rather stay like the sweaty angry airhead I am TBH.  Why can't it be simpler to find something that works with no side effects.  (Wouldn't be so many threads and posts on here if there was a holy grail to it though I suppose)

Racjen it sounds as though you have tried a lot of different ones - fingers crossed the Prozac does the job for you. 
Pages: 1 [2]