Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hi yet again  (Read 884 times)

Nannyneet

Hi yet again
« on: May 18, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »

Hi I'm Nanny Neet,I joined here a couple of years ago and introduced myself then but then due to life, illness and a severe memory lapse I haven't been back since,I am now 55 (56 at the beginning of June ) and I'm quite sure I'm going through the menopause now

I also have the chronic pain condition Fibromyalgia which I'm glad to say is mostly under control at the moment,I'm using a pain management app to sort that out so hopefully that problem is solved

I just need to navigate my way through the menopause without totally losing the plot( I fear it's too late on that score ) being carted off to a mental health facility or actually killing someone( the mood swings are extreme )

I'm not on any treatment for the menopause yet ,my GP prescribed me antidepressants in case it wasn't the menopause and was down to depression, I've had intermittent bouts of depression since having Fibromyalgia,the anti depressants haven't helped though and I would actually say they made things worse and I have now stopped taking them

Anyway that's enough about me,hopefully I will remember that I've joined this site this time and will be able to pick up some tips to help

Ladybt28

Re: Hi yet again
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

hi and welcome...again Nannyneet - glad you finally remembered where we were!!  ;D I too was dignosed with fibro but discovered after much faffing about that my pain and joint problems were due to lack of oestrogen making all the muscles lax and not supporting the joints. My memory lapses were on the scale of dementia and I had been on ad's that didn't help.  Had 2 breakdowns in a gp surgery - sound familiar?  ;) - turns out its the good old menopause, now all fixed with hrt :)

I made it sound simple, it wasn't!  >:( Took a long time to get the right hrt regime for me but what I am saying is it is possible.

There are plenty of ladies to help you here, answer questions provide support and a bit of a laugh under the more light hearted sections of the forum.  Ask away and keep us posted on that "life of yours" which seems to keep interrupting x

Nannyneet

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »

hi and welcome...again Nannyneet - glad you finally remembered where we were!!  ;D I too was dignosed with fibro but discovered after much faffing about that my pain and joint problems were due to lack of oestrogen making all the muscles lax and not supporting the joints. My memory lapses were on the scale of dementia and I had been on ad's that didn't help.  Had 2 breakdowns in a gp surgery - sound familiar?  ;) - turns out its the good old menopause, now all fixed with hrt :)

I made it sound simple, it wasn't!  >:( Took a long time to get the right hrt regime for me but what I am saying is it is possible.

There are plenty of ladies to help you here, answer questions provide support and a bit of a laugh under the more light hearted sections of the forum.  Ask away and keep us posted on that "life of yours" which seems to keep interrupting x

Hi thanks for the welcome
I have so many things saved on my iPad and I was having a clear out by deleting some things when I found this site again,I had totally forgotten I had joined 🙀
I have had Fibro far longer than I've had menopausal symptoms but it did get drastically worse last year so I'm glad that's been explained,I just thought I was getting worse and that would be me for the rest of my life.
I've since discovered a pain management app that is keeping the Fibro under control as well as lots of walking 😊

I'm looking forward to chatting to ladies on here who know how I feel,I've already had some good advice

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 04:26:11 PM »

Hello NannyNeet- sounds like you are very much at the mercy of your hormones and you may benefit from HRT. It's a bit of a minefield though and finding a regime that works for you can be tricky. Might be worth a try though. Have a read of the info on this website re HRT preparations. Another informative website is Dr Louise Newsons.

Sometimes HRT needs to be taken alongside anti depressants but not always and if they make you feel worse, you're quite right in stopping them.

I'd get myself to the GP's suitably informed ( print stuff off if you'll forget ) and remember we're here to support you. You're not mad, just menopausal x :cuss:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »

:welcomemm: you don't have to be mad to join in, but it helps  :D

We have a funny room too  ;)