Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Does oestriol cause bloating?  (Read 768 times)

Loo53

Does oestriol cause bloating?
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »

I've been on this oestriol stuff for 12 months now and despite good diet, exercise etc my menomuffin belly is worse than ever! Been battling this thing for the last 15 years and still no sign of it going anytime soon! I'm considering avoiding any further estrogen even though I know the consequence of that back would come the V itching and dryness and UTIs. There is nothing wrong with my kidneys. The rest of my body is not obese! This stomach is an absolute joke and a huge embarrassment. I'm on the spin bike, go to the gym, on low fat, low protein, low sugar! It starts to swell around 11 am and remains hanging over my waistband until the next day when off we go again! Stopped eating every conceivable food item that could be causing this,  >:(drinking adequate water. I'm 66 and depressed with my body image. If I didn't have this ridiculous embarrassing stomach I'm sure I would be more accepting of ageing. I'm obsessed looking at other women's waistlines at the same age and wondering why I'm like this and they are not? What do I have to do starve it off? Live on lettuce?    :-\ I can't workout like a 20 year old but I'm pretty damn good for a 66 year old and the belly still hangs in there ! Any suggestions appreciated because I've researched and researched and found nothing short of surgery and even then it'll come back. ....

Kathleen

Re: Does oestriol cause bloating?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:51:25 PM »

Hello Loo53.

I don't have your exact problem ( my meno journey has given me jittery, panicky feelings in my chest and stomach which I find very distressing and worry about constantly ) however like you I often compare myself other women which probably doesn't help!

You may be interested to research a whole foods, plant based diet which I understand is very successful for weight loss and general health. It certainly can't do any harm and could be the answer you're looking for.

Wishing you well and keep us updated.

K.

Loo53

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »

Thanks Buddy and Kathleen I was reading a recent article today how Lansoprazole can cause weightgain and I've been on this drug for 4 years!  :-\ Also I don't have a gall bladder now but that's very interesting Birdy I'll check that out! I definitely have gut issues on those two things alone I need to find a way to address this! I took an enzyme at one point and it made my stomach worse. If I'm not eating meat I poop regularly every day, meat gives me constipation I discovered that to two very painful experiences of impaction so I had to stop that. Yes I suffer from horrendous wind in the late afternoon. Yes sugar I crave but I'm not diabetes had blood test a few weeks ago!   Since I've gone low sugar it's under control.  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 05:14:21 PM »

Hi Loo53
I also suffer from bloat very often...
I'm on hrt, and think that's the culprit, however, foods that I could eat years ago, now upset my stomach so, so, much....I suffer terrible wind , and am known as Fartydoll on here sometimes...🙀😂🤣😂 .....I take deflatine by Rennie, and these really help...xx