Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Still have terrible symptoms despite hrt  (Read 2170 times)

AlphabettiSpaghetti

Still have terrible symptoms despite hrt
« on: May 17, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »

I'm on 4 pumps oestrogel and one 100mg utrogestan a day. Been on it for a couple of years, increased from 2-4 pumps about 6 months ago.

Still have terrible anxiety, brain fog, body aches and zero libido.

What can I do? Anyone else experienced this?

Wrensong

Re: Still have terrible symptoms despite hrt
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:01:46 PM »

Hi, have you had your oestradiol levels checked to see whether you are absorbing the gel effectively?  As your regime has no androgenic component you may need Testosterone for the libido issue & this could help in other ways too.  An alternative would be to try a combined patch containing a testosterone derived progestogen - Evorel Conti is the only one currently available I believe.  I found the EC did increase libido. The oestradiol dose in it is only considered medium though, so wouldn't equate to your 4 pumps of gel, though with a different form of progesterone too, comparing the two is pretty much apples & pears.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:36:50 PM »

Hello AlphabettiSpaghetti.

I'm  sorry to read that you are still suffering.

I agree that perhaps you are not absorbing enough oestrogen on your current regime. Maybe ask your GP for a blood test and then compare your results with other ladies on the forum. You may also want to email Dr Currie and ask her advice.

I know what it's like to be using HRT but continue to experience problems,  it's beyond frustrating.

Wishing you well and let us know how you get on.

K.

AlphabettiSpaghetti

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 10:40:39 AM »

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I had my oestrogen levels tested a few months ago- they were v low. My consultant said to try putting all 4 pumps on one patch of skin then wait for it all to absorb to see if that would improve things... it takes hours to dry!!
I will ask about patches at my next appt. I did try testosterone (tostran) for 4 months but it didn't have much effect. I wonder if I'd respond better to a different brand?

Michelle46

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 07:28:16 AM »

Where do all of you run it in. I alternate between arms and thighs

Karen max

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »

Hi
I'm using the gel also 2 pumps in morning and 2 at night night onto my thighs in morning arms at night but mine dries in so quick

Kaz x

AlphabettiSpaghetti

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »

I rub it on my thighs, the inner part and tops of thighs, and also my upper outer arms.
Yes, I rub it all in and wait for it to dry.
Had a chat with the consultant this morning. She thinks I'm not absorbing it well, so has told me to increase to 5 pumps a day, then after a month to add tostran as well. She explained that tostran hadn't worked for me before because if you're low in oestrogen, your body immediately converts any testosterone it gets into oestrogen. I did not know that! What a revelation!!