Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and tiredness  (Read 2718 times)

jojoc33

Utrogestan and tiredness
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »

Hey just wondered if anyone else has noticed they are more fatigued in utrogestan. I have only been on it for 2 days and I'm sleeping much better, but i seem to be still tired and end up needing a power nap during the day :D
Is this normal? Will it pass?
Thanks Ladies

kateJ

Re: Utrogestan and tiredness
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:34:29 AM »

Hi,

I have been on utrogestan for 5 months now and the fatigue and low mood never go away for me. I am now on a 6 day break from it and starting to feel better. This is making me realise that if my quality of life is going to improve, then I will have to re-think how I take utrogestan ( currently 100mg nightly vaginally). It might improve for you Jojoc33, so stick with it.

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 12:57:01 PM »

The stuff is killing me! I've bled on it, I get pain if I use it vaginally, I'm exhausted, I feel low. I stopped using it last week and now waiting to make a decision about the way forward. But for something ‘natural' a lot of women seem not to be able to tolerate it xx

kateJ

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »

After researching on here, I am very interested in Prof Stubbs regime of 100mg for 7 nights a month. I have an appointment at the Chelsea and Westminster in July ( 4 month wait) as I my request for testosterone was declined by my GP as it's not licensed for women and this is the only way i can get it for zero libido and low energy. I will ask if they can suggest a more tolerable utrogestan regime as it is obvious that this is the root cause of my low mood/ depression. However, even their own leaflets state 100mg nightly for post-meno: a one-size fits all approach:(

How long have you been taking it and it what dose?

I will stay on Estrogel/ utrogestan but will have to decide too how often for the proesterone.

And it really is galling that in 2019 all the female GPs at my practice at no idea about bio-identical hormones.

Hope you find a solution:)

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 03:41:11 PM »

After researching on here, I am very interested in Prof Stubbs regime of 100mg for 7 nights a month. I have an appointment at the Chelsea and Westminster in July ( 4 month wait) as I my request for testosterone was declined by my GP as it's not licensed for women and this is the only way i can get it for zero libido and low energy. I will ask if they can suggest a more tolerable utrogestan regime as it is obvious that this is the root cause of my low mood/ depression. However, even their own leaflets state 100mg nightly for post-meno: a one-size fits all approach:(

How long have you been taking it and it what dose?

I will stay on Estrogel/ utrogestan but will have to decide too how often for the proesterone.

And it really is galling that in 2019 all the female GPs at my practice at no idea about bio-identical hormones.

Hope you find a solution:)

Hi dose he suggest just 7 nights a month.? Xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »

Thanks stellajane, that's very interesting. I'm tinkering atm on patches but have had to go to the highest to stop the night sweats. X

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 09:32:51 PM »

I take 200mg for 12 days a month and get tired on it, been on it for several months now and it hasn't improved. I'm in peri and find it's noticeably worse when my body is producing prog too. It might be worth trying a different type of prog.

kateJ

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »

Thank you for your reply, Stella Jane

With Prof Studd's regime you do get a withdrawal bleed - pretty much like a real period. i am wondering what it would be like on a 200mg, 12 day regime?

i had my appointment with a lovely young doctor. She is reluctant for me to continue with Prof studd's regime despite acknowledging i am most likely prog intolerant. I had blood tests to check my estrogel levels and she will let me know if i should increase number of  pumps - but she is reluctant if I don't agree to increase the utrogestan. In the meantime, I have to have another scan. At least i can feel reassured that they will monitor me.

So I will now increase either the number days or mg to 200 for 7 days.

Prof studd has now reitred apparently - and I don't think he is held in too high regard judging from the reposnse i got when I explained what i was doing. A shame i thought, especially as he has helped so many women.