Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling awful  (Read 3325 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling awful
« on: May 15, 2019, 07:32:01 PM »

I only ever seem to moan, so apologies in advance. I just feel dreadful. Stomach ache which wakes me up at night, nausea and headaches. I feel hot and generally unwell. Have felt like this for 11 days so don't think it can be a bug. I'm on evorel sequi and recently increased to a whole patch (this is the second month). Felt quite well, so don't know what to think.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling awful
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:34:59 PM »

Oh have a  :bighug:

What kind of pain, have you altered your diet recently?  Is this similar to when you had regular periods, I would feel very nauseous sometimes  :-\

If it's at night probably points to your diet, i.e. slow transit.  Sometimes I can watch a wind bubble coursing it's way round my belly  :o and if I press on it I can watch it moving  :o  :-X.

Are you hydrated, lack of fluids can cause headaches. Of is this associated with Evorel?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:12:45 PM »

Diets the same and I drink lots of water. It doesn't seem to make any difference what I eat. I've kept a food diary in the past which didn't seem to show a pattern. I've been feeling rotten for the last 11 days, but the two weeks before that I felt really well, it was fantastic.  My stomachs uncomfortable day and night, lying down seems to make it feel worse. It's not cramps, more like a yuk feeling. Felt like this before I increased HRT so really not sure what's going on, but just wish it would go away.

Ive always had "hormonal" headaches but these have been greatly reduced since I started HRT, but seem to be back and accompany the bad stomach and bouts of nausea.

Sorry for the catalogue of woes, but feeling fed up.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 06:40:25 AM »

Of course you are fed up especially if you had a feeling of 'goodness' recently!   :bighug:

Rosie63

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:30:11 AM »

Hi Shrosphirelass.  I'm feeling very similar to you and have been on and off for some time now.  Headache (not banging but there most of the time), nausea, ‘funny' tummy, tiredness and generally feeling poorly. I've had various blood tests but all are normal to I'm pretty sure it's all hormonal.  I've tried different regimes and currently on Femoston Conti.  I have yet another appointment with doctor next Friday to talk through and will probably get referred to a meno clinic.

Sorry I can't really help you as still looking for answers myself but just wanted to let you know you're not alone in feeling the way you do.

Rosie63 x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 05:42:48 PM »

Of course you are fed up especially if you had a feeling of 'goodness' recently!   :bighug:

Thanks! feling a bit better, though gone on to the estrogen cycle, not sure if it's related, time will tell.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 05:49:03 PM »

Thanks! feling a bit better, though gone on to the estrogen cycle, not sure if it's related, time will tell.

Thanks Rosie63. If you get any answers let me know! Hope you feel better soon. I'm a bit improved, long may it last. If it seems that I'm better on evorel 50 than evorel conti, I'm going to ask for a different progeserone. I'm 57 and been on HRT for 8 months and am worried about being put on cont regime if I'm goiung to feel like this. Even though the withdrawal bleed is not great! I think I'd rather have 2 good weeks.

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 06:47:02 PM »

I'm 57 Shropshire lass and I can't do conti. I couldn't do evorel patches either, conti or otherwise. Just didn't suit, mainly nausea for me plus didn't control the anxiety.

I don't really have much of a problem with withdrawal bleed last 3 days now.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 08:23:44 AM »

Hi Shropshirelass- suspect that this may be down to the continuous progesterone building up in your system. It can cause tummy upset and as you're on a synthetic one, the side effects can be nasty.
You can:

Try it for another month or so to see if it settles.
Try switching to another regime. The progesterone in Femeston tends to be better tolerated. Or you could try an oestrogen only patch with Utrogestan which is body identical ( having said that, it can still cause problems if you are sensitive to progesterone and iftaken vaginally, some of the side effects can be lessened ) i wouldn't have thought that you'd want to take it this way on a continuous basis though so it would mean a monthly bleed.
Move to a cyclical basis on whatever regime you settle on ( monthly bleed though)

Sorry, no easy answer, it's trial and error. X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »

I'm 57 Shropshire lass and I can't do conti. I couldn't do evorel patches either, conti or otherwise. Just didn't suit, mainly nausea for me plus didn't control the anxiety.

I don't really have much of a problem with withdrawal bleed last 3 days now.

Thanks, Ladybt28, what HRT are you using?

Hi Shropshirelass- suspect that this may be down to the continuous progesterone building up in your system. It can cause tummy upset and as you're on a synthetic one, the side effects can be nasty.
You can:

Try it for another month or so to see if it settles.
Try switching to another regime. The progesterone in Femeston tends to be better tolerated. Or you could try an oestrogen only patch with Utrogestan which is body identical ( having said that, it can still cause problems if you are sensitive to progesterone and iftaken vaginally, some of the side effects can be lessened ) i wouldn't have thought that you'd want to take it this way on a continuous basis though so it would mean a monthly bleed.
Move to a cyclical basis on whatever regime you settle on ( monthly bleed though)

Sorry, no easy answer, it's trial and error. X

shrosphirelass

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 12:05:34 PM »

Thanks, I don't really know much about all the different types of HRT. I know I was advised to have patches or gel to avoid headaches as that ws the main reason I went on to HRT in the first place! Is Femesten taken orally? I wondered about having Evorel 50 then trying Utregesten, but a bit concerned as that's oral and I couldn't cope with doing it vaginially, not good at that sort of thing!
I also wondered long term about the meriva option but am really bad about internal stuff, find smears nearly impossible, so not sure I could manage it. Also, not sure about side effects of that either but have seen quite a few people on here that seem to get on with it ok.

Am going to try another month and see but I am the same as this time, I definately need to change if I am as I was so bad I couldn't go out for over a week.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »

We are all different though so what might suit some upsets other ladies badly  :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »

Femoston is an oral HRT yes.

If you can't do vaginal (Utrogestan), can't do internal stuff (Mirena coil) and can't do oral (due to headaches) there is nothing left!  However you could try for example oral progestogen (Utrogestan or Provera) to see if the progestogen component allows you to be free from headaches, and have the Evorel 50 (or Estradot 50) patch alongside? Some women get headaches from the prog part, some from the oestrogen part (of the tablets) and some from both!  You will have to choose the least worst option that gives you the most benefit and the most relief from your symptoms with the fewest side effects and only you can decide that!

Good luck with your decision and let us know how it goes and what you decide :)

Hurdity x

Ladybt28

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 10:53:03 PM »

I use oestrogel as the oestrogen component and Utrogestan vaginally, but not continuously, only on a cycle.  It is a fairly long cycle too.  Would be considered "outside normal prescribing" but there are plenty of ladies running it on the forum and it works for me.  I tried 5 lots of hrt before I found the right kind. I was on Provera progesterone but that gave me mega headaches and made me near suicidal and I was using the provera,  with Premarin tablets.  I have never had a problem with Premarin as the oestrogen component but I ditched both for the gel & utro because lots of ladies talked about it here.  It was the only one out of 5 that worked for me. All the hrt I use now is transdermal effectively because I use the utro vaginally.  I like this regime as well because you don't have to keep trecking back to the Gp to change patch doses on a new prescription - you can up your pumps of gel and work out yourself how you feel.

There are other ladies out there that swear by Provera progesterone but as CKLD says we are all so different.  The Urtrogestan vaginally is easy to manage - some ladies use their fingers but I find capsules "melt" with the heat of my finger so I use the applicator out of a box of Canneston thrush treatment to insert them.  Its really easy and if you are using on a long cycle you only have to do it at night for 10/12 days out of say 6 weeks (cycles differ) but that is mine.  I have never taken them orally I had so much trouble with other tablets with reflux, nausea etc I didn't dare risk it I went straight to taking Utrogestan vaginally.

You can only play around shropshirelass till you find what works for you x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »

Thanks all. I'm still ok, but start the conti bit tomorrow so holding my breath. Interesting what you say about a long cycle, Labybt28 . My cycle was always between 5-6 weeks and sometimes even longer so this new regime of 4 weekly cycles is not what my body is used to, so maybe that is having an effect. It's tempting to go to at least a 5 week cycle and see how that goes on. Hurdity, what do you think of that? I'm sure I've seen you talk about that before. At least that way I'd have more weeks without progesterone and would be more similar to my natural cycle, though it may be I'm reaching natural menopaause now. I've also been referred for a pelvic scan so will be able to check all is ok.

I am tempted by mirena long term. My GP seemed to think it would be a good option and he knows I'm a wimp and says I should be ok with the application. Any one any experience of that? I know we're all different, just looking for information really.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2