Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New GP tomorrow  (Read 659 times)

allie007

New GP tomorrow
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:52:38 PM »

Evening all
I have an appointment tomorrow at my new GP surgery. Had enough of last GP, saw a different one virtually every appointment and I found them very negative when it came to HRT. For example a few had to leave the room to ask advice, the 'experienced' one stated from the start I had to come off HRT in 5 years and despite my symptoms didn't want me to use more than 2 pumps of Estrogel and when i changed to patches she was horrified but allowed me to have 100mg of Estradot.
 Ive been using the 100 mg patches since November but as my symptoms didn't go away (not as bad as when on very low doses of HRT) Ive been using a pump of Estrogel aswell. Not all the time because Ive been trying to convince myself the patches are enough, but within a few days to a week I feel rubbish again. Symptoms are constant low mood, no energy, very poor sleep, poor concentration, high BP, brain fog, and a few others. I do feel better with the gel as well but i don't know if this GP will let me use both as its a high dose.
With the symptoms I have would I be better off sticking with the patches alone and trying anti depressants or am I just one of those women that needs a very high dose of HRT. And if i am how do I convince the doctor?
XX

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New GP tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »

You may not have to do any convincing.  Take a note with you - decide which symptom you want to ease and explain how the current regime helps that. 

allie007

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:34:44 PM »

Hi CLKD
Just that one pump of gel is making a difference. Am still not 100% myself but i feel almost like.the old me. I have a printout that Im taking with me that I got from a uk website showing delivered amounts of oestradiol from oestrogen only HRT and it shows that a 100mg is roughly the equivalent of 3 pumps of gel which wasnt enough for me. Am hoping that will help
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:45 PM »

Well done.  Let us know how you get on!

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »

Good luck today do let us know how you got on

Lanzalover x

allie007